- Volume 12 Issue 3
Morphometric Variation in Three Subspecies of Korea Field Mice, Apodemus peninsulae Thomas(Mammalia, Rodentia), in China and Korea
중국과 한국에 서식하는 흰넓적다리 붉은쥐, Apodemus peninsulae Thomas (포유강, 설치목), 3아종의 형태적 형질의 변이
- Koh, Hung-Sun (Department of Biology, Chungbuk University) ;
- Lee, Woo-Jai (Department of Biology, Chungbuk University) ;
- Ma, Yong (Institute of Zoology, Academia Sinica)
- Published : 1996.09.01
Four external and 27 cranial characters of Korean field mice (Apodemus peninsulae) from nine regions in China and Korea, representing three subspecies, were analyzed by multivariate methods. Four size-forms were recognized a largest-size form Mt. Weolak and Yeoncheon in Korea (= subspecies peninsulae) and Kirin and Heilung in China (= subspecies praetor), a large-size form from Inner Mongolia in China (= subspecies praetor) and Sanxi and Sandong in China (= subspecies sowerbyi), a middle-size form from Beijing in China (= subspecies sowerbyi), and a small-size form from Xinjiang in China (= subspecies sowerbyi). Although Corbet (1978) recognized only two subspecies in A. peninsulae, subspecies peninsulae and sowerbyi, within its distributional range in the continent of Asia, it was revealed in this study with morphometric characters that A. peninsulae could not be classified simply into two subspecies, because subspecies praetor and subspecies sowerbyi formed the large-size form and because subspecies sowerbyi was so diverse in its morphology as to be composed of three size-forms. Further analyses with the samples from other regions of China and Russia seem to be necessary to clarify the taxonomy of A. peninsulae.
- Kor. J. Zool. v.37 Geographic variation of morphometric characters in three subspecies of Korean field mice, Apodemus peninsulae Thomas, in China and Korea Koh. H. S.;W. J. Lee
- Zool. Zh. v.56 On specific status of Asian wood mice of the genus Apodemus (Rodentia, Muridae) from Siberia and Far East Vorontsov, N. N.;T. S. Bekasova;B. Kral;K. V. Korobitsina;E. Yu. Ivanitskaya
- Illustrated encyclopedia of fauna and flora of Korea, Vol. 7, Mammals Woon, P. H.
- Syst. Zool. v.19 Adaptive hierarchical clustering schemes Rohlf, F. J.
- Mammals of eastern Asia Tate, G. H. H.
- Kor. J. Syst. Zool. v.7 Morphometric analysis with eight subspecies of striped field mice, Apodemus agarius Pallas (Rodentia, Mammalia), in Asia: The taxonomic status of subspecies chejuensis at Cheju Island in Korea Koh, H. S.
- Contemporary mammalogy in China and Japan A study on Chinese Apodemus and its relation to Japanese species Xia, W.;Kawamichi, T.(ed.)
- Numerical taxonomy Sneath, P. H. A.;R. R. Sokal
- Contemporary mammalogy in China and Japan Taxonomical problems in the genus Apodemus and its allies Kobayashi, T.;T. Kawamichi
- Fauna of the U.S.S.R., Mammals Vinogradov, B. S.;A. I. Argiropulo;the Israel Program for Scientific Translations, Ltd.(tr.)
- Proc. Am. Math. Soc. v.7 On the shortest spanning subtree of a graph and the traveling salesman problem Kruskal, J. B.
- Proc. Zool. Soc. London v.1906 The Duke of Bedford's zoological exploration in estern Asia.Ⅱ. List of small mammals from Korea and Quelpart Thomas, F. R. S.
- An introduction to numerical classification Clifford, H. T.;W. Stephenson
- Evolution v.22 Estimation of conservatism of chracters by constancy within biological populations Farris, J. S.
- Univ. Kansas Publ. Mus. Nat. Hist. v.9 Comments on taxonomic status of Apodemus peninsulae, with description of a new subspecies from north China Jones, J. K.
- Kor. J. Zool. v.26 A study on age variation and secondary sexual dimorphism in morphometric characters of Korean rodents: I. An analysis on striped field mice, Apodemus agrarius coreae, from Cheongju Koh. H. S.
- British Mus. (Nat. Hist.) the mammals of the Palaearctic region: A taxonomic review Corbet, G. B.
- J. Theoret. Biol. v.20 Numerical classification for taxonomic problems Flake, R. H.;B. L.Turner
- Numerical taxonomy Mapping diversity: A comparative study of some numerical methods Boyce, A. J.;A. J. Cole(ed.)
- Kor. J. Syst. Zool. v.2 Systematic studies on Korean rodents: Ⅱ. A chromosome analysis in Korean field mice, Apodemus peninsulae peninsulae Thomas (Muridae, Rodentia), from Munkyong, with the comparison of morphometric characters of these Korean field mice to sympatric striped field mice, A. agrarius coreae Thomas Koh, H. S.
- A world list of mammalian species Corbet, G. B.;J. E. Hill
- Proc. biol. Soc. Wash. v.27 Two new murine rodents from eastern Asia Miller, G. S.