- Volume 5 Issue 2
In order to investigate the effects of pH and organic matter content on cadmium adsorption and exchangeable cations desorption in soils, the adsorption isotherms of cadmium and the desorption isotherms of calcium and magnesium on four New jersey soils at four pH values were plotted, and the cadmium partition coefficients (Kd) were also calculated. The slopes of cadmium adsorption isotherms dramatically increased with increasing solution pH. Judging from Langmuir adsorption equations, the maximum adsorption quantities(b) of cadmium at high pH values were much greater than those at low pH values for the same soil. The partition coefficients increased greatly with increasing solution pH. The slopes of regression equations between partition coefficients and pH values were steep in the order of the organic matter content of the soils. The correlation coefficients (r2) between partition coefficient and organic matter content for soils. The correlation coefficients (r2) between partition coefficient and organic matter content for
- J. Soil Sci. v.39 Distribution coefficients of Cd, Co, Ni and Zn in soils Anderson,P.R.;T.H.Christensen
- Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta. v.46 The adsorption of Cu, Pb, Zn and Cd on geothite from major ion seawater Balistrieri,L.S.;J.W.Murray
- Environ. Sci. Technol. v.16 Effect of complexation by Cl, SO₄and S₂O₃adsorption behavior of Cd on oxide surfaces Benjamin,M.M.;J.O.Leckie
- Wat. Air Soil Pollut. v.21 Cadmium soil sorption at low concentration: Ⅰ. Effect of time, cadmium load, pH and calcium Christensen;Thomas,H.
- Wat. Air Soil Pollut. v.44 Cadmium soil sorption at low concentration: Ⅷ. Correlation with soil parameters Christensen;Thomas H.
- J. Environ. Qual. v.15 Competitive adsorption of heavy metals by soils Elliot,H.A.;M.R.Liberti;C.P.Huang
- Cadmium and Health: A toxicological and epidemiological appraisal. Ⅰ. Exposure, dose and metabolism Friberg,L.;C.G.Elinder;T.Kjellstrom;G.F.Nordberg
- Cadmium and Health: A toxicological and epidemiological appraisal. Ⅱ. Effects and response Friberg,L.;C.G.Elinder;T.Kjellstrom;G.F.Nordberg
- Wat. Res. v.26 Cadmium adsorption by oxic sediment Fu.G;H.E.Allen
- Soil Sci. v.152 The adsorption of cadmium and copper by manganese oxide Fu,G.;H.E.Allen;C.E.Cowan
- A review in sediment/freshwater interaction Uptake of trace metal by sediments and suspended particulates Hart,B.T.;Sly,P.G.(ed.)
- Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. v.44 Sorption of copper, zinc and cadmium by some acid soils Kuo,S.;A.S.Baker
- Ph. D. dissertation, Kyungpook National University Adsorption of heavy metal cations by soils Lee,J.J.
- Korean J. Environ. Agric. v.7 Effects of ionic strength and anion species on heavy metal adsorption by zeolite Lee,J.J.;B.Y.Park;J.Choi
- Wat. Air Soil Pollut. v.9 Organic matter as an influencing factor on copper and cadmium adsorption by soils Petruzzlli,G.;G.Guidi;L.Lubrano
- Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. v.50 Effect of ionic strength and adsorption by two soils Shuman,L.M.
- Methods of soil analysis (a) Sims,J.T.;S.E.Heckendorn
- Methods of soil analysis (c) Sims,J.T.;S.E.Heckendorn
- Soil physical chemistry Sparks,D.L.
- The thermodynamics of soil solutions Sposito,G.
- The surface chemistry of soils Sposito,G.