- Volume 1 Issue 1
Rapid Analytical Method of Nitrite and Nitrate in Fish by Ion Chromatography
- Oh, Myung-Cheol ;
- Oh, Chang-Kyung ;
- Kim, Soo-Hyun
- Published : 1996.06.01
Rapid analytical method was investigated to determine precursors of N-nitrosamine such an nitrite and nitrate in squid(Illex illecebrosus and Sepiell maindroni), codfish(Gadus marcrocephalus)and flatfish(Paralichthys olivaceus) by ion chromatography(IC) and colorimetric methods. Recoveries of nitrite and nitrate in fish tissues were 89~98.7% and 94.1~99.8% for IC, and 98.4~103.7% and 67.7~102.2% for colori-metric method, respectively. Using IC, nitrite was not detected and nitrate was 0.89~1.23mg/kg, while using colorimetric method, nitrite and nitrate were NO~0.08mg/kg and 0.3~0.42mg/kg, respectively. Therefore, the IC method showed better recoveries, and was applicable to extract nitrite and nitrate simultaneously, and is simpler compared with colorimetric method in analyzing nitrite and nitrate from fish tissues.
nitrite;nitrate;ion chromatograhpy;colorimetric method
- Food Technology v.49 Use of sodium nitrite in cured meats today Robert,G.C.
- J. Agr. Food Chem. v.24 Relative significance of dietary sources of nitrate and rutrite White,J.W.
- J. Chromatog. A. v.706 Determination of nitrite levels in refrigerated and frozen spinach by lon chromatography Bosch,N.;Mata,M.G.;Penuela,M.J.;Galan,T.R.
- J. AOAC v.73 Ionexchange liquid chromatographic determination of nitrite and nitrate in biological fluids Lippsmeyer,B.C.;Tracy,M.L.;Moller,G.
- J. Chromat. v.229 High performance liquid chromatographic analysis of nitrate in urine and feces Witter,J.P.;Gatley,S.J.;Balish,E.
- J. AOAC v.68 Determination of nitrate in dried foods by gas chromatography-thermal energy analyzer Ross,H.;Hotchkiss,J.H.
- Fd. Chem. Toxic. v.22 A rapid method for estimating nitrate in biological samples using gas chromatography with a flame-ionization detector or a thermal energy analyzer Dull,B.J.;Hotchkiss,J.H.
- J. AOAC v.73 Determination of nitrite in cured meats by Ion-chromatography with electrochemical detection Kim,H.J.;Conca,K.R.
- Bull. Japan. Soc. Sci. Fish v.48 New colorimatric method for the determination of nitrite in foods Ishibashi,T.;Kawabata,T.
- J. AOAC v.48 New colorimetric method for the determination of the nitrite and nitrate content of baby foods Kamm,L.;Mckeown,G.G.;Smith,D.M.
- Bull. Korean Fish. Soc. v.15 Nitrate and nitrite content of some fermented seafood and vegetable Lee,E.H.;Kim,S.K.;Jeon,J.K.;Chung,S.H.;Cha,Y.J.;Kim,S.H.;Kim,K.S.
- Bull. Korean Fish. Soc. v.27 The factors for formation of carcinogenic N-nitrosamine from dried marine food products Sung,N.J.;Kang,S.K.;Lee,S.J.;Kim,S.H.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Tech. v.14 Determination of volatile nitrosamines form fermented anchovy sauce Lee,J.S.
- Ion Chromatographic Analysis of Environmental Pollutants v.2 Altering the dynamic range of IC columns by prior chemical treatment of the amples Posner,R.D.;Scholffman,A.