- Volume 12 Issue 2
Measurement of Carbonyl Compounds in Ambient Air using a DNPH Cartridge coupled with HPLC Method
DNPH 카트리지와 HPLC를 이용한 대기 중 카르보닐화합물의 농도측정
- 황윤정 (영남대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 박상곤 (대전전문대학 환경관리과) ;
- 백성옥 (영남대학교 환경공학과)
- Published : 1996.06.01
The purpose of this study is to evaluate analytical method for the measurement of carbonyl compounds and to apply method to the measurement of indoor and outdoor concentrations of these compounds at public facilities. For sampling, 2.4-dinitrophenylhydrazine (DNPH) coated DNPH-Silica cartridges were uwed in this study. DNPH reacts with carbonyl compounds and forms carbonyl hydrazone, The carbonyl hydarzone was eluted from the cartridge with acetonitrile and analyzed by reverse-phase HPLC with UV detection. Possible interference caused by ozone during sampling was eliminated by using KI trap commected in series with the DNPH-Silica cartridge. A number of experimental studies were undertaken to evaluate and validate the analytical method, including collection efficiency, recovery, repeatability, lower limits of detection, and effect of ozone. Indoor and outdoor measurements of carbonyl compounds were simultaneously carried out at 14 public facilities located in Taegu city and Kyungsan city from June to July, 1995. Except for one or two sites, the indoor concentrations were found to be higher than the outdoor concentrations for carbonyl compounds. And the concentrations of carbonyl compounds measured in the morning and afternoon were showed higher than the concentrations measured in the evening.
- Environ. Sci. Technol v.23 no.5 Analysis of aldehydes in cloud and fogwater samples by HPLC with a postcolumn reaction detector Igawa,M.;J.W.Munger;M.R.Hoffmann
- JAPCA v.39 no.1 Monitoring of parts-per billion levels of formaldehyde using a diffusive sampler Levin,J.O.;R.Lindahl;K.Aadersson
- Atmospheric Environment v.29 no.2 Photomchemical formations of lower aldehydes and lower fatty acids under long-range transport in central Japan Satsumabayashi,H.;H.Kurita;Y.S.Chang;G.R.Carmichael
- Analy. Chem v.55 Temperature dependence of the modified pararosanilne method for the determination of formaldehyde in air Georghiou,P.E.;L.Harlick;L.Winsor;D.Snow
- Environ. Sci. Technol v.18 no.9 Seasonal variations in ambient atmospheric levels of formaldehyde and acetaldehyde Tanner,R.L.;Z.Meng
- Fresenius J. Anal. Chem v.340 Determination of volatile carbonyl compounds in clean air Slemr,J.
- Atmospheric Environment v.26A no.5 Determination of formaldehyde by HPLC as the DNPH derivative following high-volume air sampling onto bisulfite-coated cellulose filters Andrade,J.B.;R.L.Tanner
- JAPCA v.31 no.11 Visual colorimetric formaldehyde screening analysis for indoor air Matthews,T.G.;T.C.Howell
- Atmospheric Environment v.16 no.10 Formaldehyde measurements in dutch houses. schools and offices in the years 1977-1980 Vanderwal,J.F.
- Environ. Sci. Technol v.29 no.1 Destruction of formaldehyde with dielectric barrier discharge plasmas Chang,M.B.;C.C.Lee
- Environ. Sci. Technol v.28 no.1 Characteristics of aldehydes: Concentrations, sources, and exposures for indoor and outdoor residential microenvironments Zhang,J.;Q.He;P.J.Lioy
- Sampling of atmospheric carbonyl compounds for determination by liquid chromatography after 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine labeling, sampling and analysis of airborne pollutants Vairavamurthy,A.;J.M.Roberts;L.Newman;E.D.Winegar(ed.);Keith,L.H.(ed.)
- Atmospheric Environment v.26A no.16 A passive sampler for airborne formaldehyde Grosjean,D.;E.L.WilliamsⅡ
- Noyes Data Corporation Method TO11 : Determination of formaldehyde in ambient air using adsorbent cartridge followed by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), methods for termination of toxic organic compounds in air-EPA method Winberry,Jr.;W.T.;N.T.Murphy;R.M.Riggan;Winberry,Jr.;W.T.;N.T.Murphy;R.M.Riggan
- Environ. Sci. Technol v.29 no.2 Laboratory and field investigation of the DNPH cartridge technique for the measurement of atmospheric carbonyl compounds Sirju,A.P.;P.B.Shepson
- J. Air Waste Manage. Assoc v.40 Formaldehyde, methanol and hydrocarbon emissions from methanol-fueled cars Williams,R.L.;F.Lipari;R.A.Potter
- Atmospheric Environment v.25B no.2 Analysis of the change in atmospheric urban formaldehyde and photochemistry activity as a result of using methyl-t-butyl-ether (MTBE) as an additive in gasolines of the metropolitan area of mexico City Humberto,B.A.;C.C.Rosaura;R.O.R.Guadalupe;S.E.Rodolfo;T.J.Ricardo
- Environ. Sci. Technol v.23 no.11 2,4-Dinitrophenylhydrazine-coated silica gel cartridge method for determination of formaldehyde in air : Identification of an ozone Interference Arnts,R.R.;S.B.Tejada
- Atmospheric Environment v.27A no.1 Production of aldehydes as primary emissons and from secondary atmospheric reactions of alkenes and alkanes during the night and early morning hours Altshuller,A.P.
- 환경처 고시 제91-73호 대기오염, 소음, 진동 공정시험방법 환경처
- Anal. Chem v.53 Determination of nanogram amounts of carbonyl as 2, 4-dinitrophenylhydrazones by high performance liquid chromatography Fung,K.;D.Grosjean
- J. Air Waste Manage. Assoc v.43 Ambient levels of formaldehyde and acetaldehyde in Atlanta, Georgia Grosjean,E.;E.L.WilliamsⅡ;D.Grosjean
- 한국대기보전학회지 v.11 no.4 액체 크로마토그래프법에 의한 대기시료중 미량 알데히드류의 정량 이용근;정태우
- Environ. Sci. Technol v.25 no.4 Ambient levels of formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, and formic acid in southern California : Results of a one-year base-line study Grosjean,D.
- Atmospheric Environment v.24A no.10 Laboratory tests of KI and alkaline annular denuders Parmar,S.S.;D.Grosjean