- Volume 12 Issue 2
In-Vehicle Exposure to Volatile Organic Compounds
휘발성 유기물질에 대한 차량 탑승시 노출
- 조완근 (경북대학교 환경공학과)
- Published : 1996.06.01
Vehicle occupant exposure to volatile organic compounds (VOCs) continues to be the subject of active research because of higher levels of VOCs in vehicles than in the surrounding ambient atmosphere and because of potential health risk. This study identified in-auto and in-bus exposures to 6 selected aromatic VOCs during rush-hour driving. A bus service route was selected to include an urban route (Taegu) and a suburban route (Hayang-Up) to satisfy the specified criteria of this study. The most abundant VOC concentration measured in this study was toluene. In-vehicle target Voc concentrations of the urban route were significantly different from those of the suburban segment. On the sum of average of the target VOCs, in-auto VOC concentration was about 1.5 times higher than in-bus VOC concentration. Based on the sum of average, in-automobile target VOC concentrations of this study were within the range of previous studies conducted in several cities of the United States, while in-bus VOC concentrations of this study were much lower than those of Taipei in Taiwan. In-vehicle VOC concentrations of present study significantly varied with sampling days, while they did not varied with driving period.
- Environ. Sci. Technol v.25 Exposure to carbon monoxide,respirable suspended particulates, volatil organic compounds while commuting by bicycle Bevan,M.A.J.;C.J.Proctor;J.B.Roger;N.D.Warren
- J. Air & Waste Manage. Assoc. v.41 Commuter exposure to VOCs in Boston, Massachusetts Chan,C.C.;J.D.Spengler;H.Ozkaynak;M.Lefkopoulou
- Final Report South Coast Air Quality Management District, in-vehicle characterization study in the south coast air basin SCAQMD
- Oil and Gas Journal v.88 Reformulated gasolines will challenge product-quality maintenance Unzelman,G.H.
- 석유년보 대한석유협회
- J. of Expos. Anal. and Env. Epi. v.2 no.1 Exposure to emissions from gasoline within automobile cabins Weisel,C.P.;N.J.Nicholas;P.J.Lioy
- Carbon monoxide and nob-FTP ambient temperature, Office of Mobile Source Air Pollution Control Bruetsch,R.I.
- Environ. Sci. and Tech v.25 Driver Exposure to volatile organic compounds, CO, ozone, and NO₂under different driving conditions Chan,C.C.;H.Ozkaynak;J.D.Spengler;L.Sheldon
- J. of Expos. Anal. and Env. Epi. v.2 no.1 Individual and population exposures to gasoline Wixtrom,R.N.;S.L.Brown
- EPA/600/4-89/017, U.S.EPA, Research Triangle Park Compendium of methods for the determination of toxic organic compounds in ambient air Winberry, W.T., Jr.;N.T.Murphy;R.M.Riggin
- J. of Air Poll. Assoc v.37 no.2 Carbon monoxide of Washington commuters Flachsbart,P.G.;J.E.Howes;G.A.Mack;C.E.Rodes
- J. of Expos. Anal. and Env. Epi. v.2 no.1 Automotive gasoline: Its composition and manufacture-past, present, and future King,R.W.
- U. S. Environmental Protection Agency, EPA 600/2-80-085 Passenger car hydrocarbon emission speciation Black,F.;L.High
- U.S.EPA, EPA 600/6-87/002a, NTIS PB 88-100060 v.1 The TEAM study : Summary and analysis Wallace,L.A.
- J. Air Waste Manage. Assoc v.43 Student's exposure to volatile organic compounds while commuting by motorcycle and bus in Taipei city Chan,C.C.;S.H.Lin;G.R.Her
- J. of Expos. Anal. and Env. Epi. v.2 no.1 General summary and recommendations of the worksshop on general population exposures to gasoline Lioy,P.J.
- EPA-450/1-90-004a Cancer risk from outdoor exposure to air toxice U.S. EPA
- Atmos. Environ. v.21 The carcinogenic risk of some organic vapors indoors : a theoretical survey Tancrede,M.;R.Wilson;L.Zeise;E.A.C.Crouch