- Volume 12 Issue 1
Numerical Study of Cyclone Dust Collector
싸이클론 집진기의 수치해석적 연구
- 전영남 (조선대학교 공과대학 환경공학과) ;
- 엄태인 (대전산업대학교 공과대학 환경공학과)
- Published : 1996.03.01
Numerical simulation was performed for the 3-dimensional flow filed of gas and particle phase for cyclone dust collector. FVM(Finite Volume Method) was employed for gas phase. The flow was solved suing the k-.varepsilon. epsilon turbulence model. The particle exit at the bottom of the cone was treated as a solid wall in this model because the gas flow through the effective dust exit is usually insignificant. The major parameters considered in this study was vortex finder diameter, effective dust exit diameterm vortex finder length, inlet type for dimension performance. Particle trajectory calculations were made for three different, particle sizes of 1, 25 and 50 .mu.m. The results obtained from this study give some physical insight of dust particle collection mechanism together with the indication of the collection efficiency. The simulation results were in generally good agreement with empirical knowledge. The application of this kind of computer program looks promising as a potential tool for the design of cyclone and determination of optimum operating condition.
- 인하대학교 공학박사학위 논문 로타리 킬른 소각로 고도 설계를 위한 3차원 난류반응 컴퓨터 프로그램 개발 엄태인
- Chemical Engineering v.58 no.5 Process Use Many Collector Types Lapple,C.E.
- Mathematical Methods of Turbulence Launder,B.E.;Spalding,D.B.
- Air Pollution v.4 Source Control by Centrifugal Force and Gravity Caplan,K.J.
- AICHE Journal v.37 no.2 A Critique of Two Models for Cyclone Performance Clift,R.;M.Chadiri;Hoffman,A.C.
- Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Patankar,S.V.
- Chemical Engineering Cyclone Dust Collector Doerschlag,C.;Mizek,G.
- J. Fluid Mech. v.55 An Investigation of Particle Trajectories in Two-Phase Flow System Morsi,S.A.;Alexander,A.J.
- Course 413 Control of Particulate Emissions Beachler,D.S.;J.A.Jahnke
- Ph.D. Thesies, Louisiana State University Single and Two Phase Reacting Flow Predictions Modeling of Non Equilibrium Effects, Turbulent Particle Dispersion and Nitrogen Oxide in Pulverized Coal Combustion Jang,D.S.
- Transport Phenomena v.89 Bird,R.B.;Steward,W.E.;Lightfoot,E.N.
- Powder Technology v.62 Uniflow Cyclone Eifficiency Study Gauthier,T.A.;Briens,C.L.;Bergougnou,M.A.;Galtier,P.
- Powder Technology v.63 Gas-Solid Flow and Collection of Solids in a Cyclone Separator Zhou,L.X.;Soo,S.L.
- Swirl Flows Gupta,A.K.;Lilley,D.G.;Syred,N.