- Volume 23 Issue 4
An experiment was conducted with male broiler chicks to determine the effect of different dietary phosphorus sources and evaluate the biological availability of phosphorus sources. The biological availability of phosphorus from dicalcium phosphate (DCP) was used as a reference standard (100%) compared to defluorinate phosphate (DFP). DCP and DFP was supplemented to a corn-soy basal diet at levels of 0.05, 0.15, 0.25, 0.35%. Each of 24 pens of 10 male broiler chicks with three replications was used for three weeks. The results indicated that weight gain, feed in-take, feed efficiency, nonphytic phosphorus (NPP) and tibia ash were significantly different among treatments. Dietary supplemental phosphorus of DFP improved weight gain, NPP intake and feed efficiency consistently, whereas supplements of DCP did not show consistent increase. Regression equations was used for the availability of DPP compared with DCP when percent bone ash was a function of total phosphorus in the diet. The percent (%) bone ash of DFP groups compared to that of DCP groups showed a value of 59.98% as a slope ratio. DFP indicated lower biological availability compared to DCP, but it's dietary supplementation tended to increase bone ash and maximize the growth of young broiler chicks.
- Offic Anal Chem Official methods of analysis Association of official Analytical Chemistry
- Nutr Rep Int v.15 Importance of calcium: inorganic Phorphorus ratio diets of starting poults Choi,J.H.;Harms,R.H.
- Georgia Nutr Conf Feed Manuf Chemical form and phosphorus availability Edwards,H.M.Jr.
- Poultry Sci v.62 Phosphorus 1. Effect of breed and strain on utilization of suboptimal levels of phosphorus in the ration Edwards,H.M.Jr.
- Poultry Sci v.62 Phosphorus 1. Effect of breed and strain on the utilization of suboptimal levels of phosphorus in the ration Edwards,H.M.Jr.
- J Nutr v.113 The role of calcium and phosphorus in the etiology of tibial dyschondroplasia Edwards,H.M.Jr.;Veltman,J.R.Jr.
- Poultry Sci v.48 Factors affecting the chicks requirement of phosphorus Fritz,J.G.;Roberts,T.;Boehne,J.W.;Hove,E.L.
- Poultry Sci v.28 The effect of phytin on the phosphorus requirement of the chick Gillis,M.B.;Norris,L.C.;Heuser,G.F.
- J Nutr v.52 Studies on the biological value of inorganic phosphates Gillis,M.B.;Norris,L.C.;Heuser,G.F.
- Arch. Geflugelk v.45 The effect of ca content of the diet and athermal treatment of the P source on the P Utilization by broiler chicks Huyghebaert,G.;Keppens,L.;De Groote,G.
- Poultry Sci v.59 Availability of phosphorus from ammonium polyphosphate for growing chickens Jensen,L.S.;Edwards,H.M.Jr.
- Avian diseases v.28 Experimental rickets in broilers: gross microscopic, and radiographic lesions.Ⅰ.Phosphorus deficiency and calcium excess Long,P.L.;Lee,S.R.;Rowland,G.N.;Britton,W.M.
- Avian diseases v.28 Experimental rickets in broilers: gross microscopic, and radiographic lesions.Ⅱ.Calcium deficiency Long,P.L.;Lee,S.R.;Rowland,G.N.;Britton,W.M.
- Avian diseases v.28 Experimental rickets in broilers: gross microscopic, and radiographic lesions.Ⅲ.Vitamin D deficiency and calcium excess Long,P.L.;Lee,S.R.;Rowland,G.N.;Britton,W.M.
- Poultry Sci v.14 Calcium and phosphorus requirements of growing turkeys Mussehl,F.E.;Ackerson,C.W.
- Poultry Sci v.52 The availability of phosphorus from single and combined phosphates to chicks Nelson,T.S.;Peeler,H.T.
- Poultry Sci v.43 The biological evaluation of phosphorus compounds Nelson,T.S.;Walker,A.C.
- Poultry Sci v.47 Phytate phosphorus content of feed ingredients derived from plants Nelson,T.S.;Ferrara,L.W,;Storer,N.L.
- Poultry Sci v.69 The relative biological value of feed phosphates for chicks Nelson,T.S.;Kirby,L.K.;Johnson,Z.B.
- British J Nutr v.67 Calcium and phosphorous requirements of the very young turkey as determined by response surface analysis Sanders,A.M.;Edwards,H.M.Jr.;Rowland,G.N.
- SAS/ STAT SAS User's Guide. release(6.03 edtion) SAS Institute Inc.
- Poultry Sci v.63 Bioavailability of phosphorus in commercial phosphate supplements for turkeys Waibel,P.E.;Nahorniak,N.A.;Dziuk,H.E.;Olson,W.G.
- Poultry Sci v.42 The relationship of phophorus calcium and vitamin D₃in the diet broiler type chicks Waldroup,P.W.;Ammerman,G.B.;Harms,R.H.
- Poultry Sci v.33 Availability of phosphorus from different source for poults fed purified diets Wilcox,R.A.;Carlson,C.W.;Kohlmeyer,W.;Gastler,G.F.
- Japan Poultry Sci v.14 Comparison of phosphorus availabilities estimated biologically based on toe ash content and carcass phosphorus retention Yoshida,M.;Hoshii,H.
- Japan Poultry Sci v.16 Monobasic calcium phosphate as a standard for bioassay of phosphorus availability Yoshida,M.;Hoshii,H.
- Japan Poultry Sci v.20 Relationship between ash contents of the tibia bone and the toe of chicks Yoshida,M.;Hoshii,H.