- Volume 4 Issue 5
A study on the atmospheric response to a SST anomaly over the Equatorial Eastern Pacific Ocean with the horizontally fine resolution AGCM
수평조밀격자 GCM을 이용한 적도 태평양상의 SST anomaly에 대한 대기 반응 연구
- Moon, Sung-Eui (Depatrment of Atomsheric Sciences, Pusan National University) ;
- Ahn, Joong-Bae (Depatrment of Atomsheric Sciences, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Yoo-Keun (Depatrment of Atomsheric Sciences, Pusan National University)
- Published : 1995.12.01
The atmospheric responses to a Sea Surface Temperature Anomaly(SSTA) over the equatorial eastern Pacific Ocean have been investigated using the horizontally fine resolution model based on OSU 2-layer Atmospheric General Circulation Model(AGCM). The SSTAS daring the peak phase of 1982-83 El Nino have been applied to the model as the boundary conditions of the experiment. The model simulates the eastward movement of the rising branch of the Walker circulation. That is, the major features associated with the El Nino such as the increase of the precipitation rate over the center of the Pacific and decrease over the Indonesia, and the 500hPa geopotential height anomaly in the middle latitude are properly describes in the fine resolution model experiment. The model results indicate that this horizontally fine resolution UM can successfully simulate the ENSO anomalies and be more effectivelly used for the study of the climate and the climate changes.
- 한국기상학회지 AGCM의 수평조밀격자화에 따른 반응 연구 류정희;안중배
- 한국 환경과학회지 v.53 해양-대기 결합수치모형을 이용한 ENSO 연구 안중배
- Mon., Wea., Rev. v.113 General Circulation Model Sensitivity to 1982-83 Equaterial Pacific Sea Surface Temperature Anomalies Fennessy,M.J.;L.Marx;J.Shukla
- Climatic research institute, Report No. 35 A documentation of the OSU two-level atmosphere general circulation model Ghan,S.J.;W.L.Lingaas;M.E.Schlesinger;R.L.Mobley;W.L.Gates
- Teleconnections linking worldwide climate anomalies Clantz,M.H.;Katz,R.W.;Nicholls,N.
- Mon. Wea. rev. v.109 Ianetary Scale Atmospheric Phenomena Associated with the Southern Oscillation Horel,D.J.;Wallace,J.M.
- An Introduction to Dynamic Meteorology(3rd ed.) Holton,J.R.
- Mon., Wea., Rev. v.113 Modeling the Seasonal Dependence of the Atmospheric Response to Observed EI Nino in 1962-76 Lau,N.C.
- J. Meteorol. Soc. Japan v.44 Quasi - Geostrophic Motions in the Equatorial Area Matsuno,T.
- J. Clim. Appl. Meteor. v.22 Global vegatations and land use : New high-resolution data bases for climate students Matthews,F.
- Mon., Wea., Rev. v.115 Numerical Simulation of the Atmospheric Response to a Sea Surface Temperature Anomaly over the Equatorial Eastern Pacific Ocean Mechoso,R.;A.Kitoh;S.Moorthi;A.Arakawa
- Atmos. Sci. v.41 Unstable air-sea interaction in the tropics Philander,S.G.H.;P.Yamagata;R.C.Dacanowski
- Mon., Wea., Rev. v.111 The Climate of the El Nino Winter of 1982-83 - A Season of Extraordinary Climatic anomalies Quiroz,R.S.
- TOGA : A Review of Progress and Future Opportunities Shukla,J.
- J. Atmos. Sci. v.40 Numerical Simulation of the Atmospheric Response to Equatorial Pacific Sea Surface Temperature Anomalies Shukla,J.;J.M.Wallace
- Mon., Wea., Rev. v.109 Teleconnections in the Geopotential Height Field during the Northern Hemisphere Winter Wallace,J.M.;D.S.Gutzler