- Volume 4 Issue 4
Effects of Spermine on Changes in Chlorophyll-Protein Complexes and Plastic Membrane Proteins of Mung Bean Cotyledons during Greening
녹화중인 녹두 자엽의 엽록소-단백질 복합체 및 색소체막 단백질의 변화에 미치는 Spermine의 효과
- 홍정희 (부산대학교 자연과학대학 생물학과) ;
- 박흥덕 (대구효성가톨릭대학교 사범대학 생물학과)
- Published : 1995.10.01
Developmental changes of chlorophyll-protein complexes (CPs) and plastid membrane proteins in greening mung bean cotyledons and the effect of spermine therein were examined by SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. The changes in the amounts of CPs became larger with the progress of greening and light-harvesting chlorophyll a/b protein (LHCP) was the main CP in the early greening stage up to f h. As the greening proceeded, chlorophyll-protein of the photosystem I (CPI) accumulated. Application of spermine were effective in accumulating CPs of the thylakoid membrane in the early phase of greening. In the profiles of the plastid membrane proteins, quantitative and qualitative changes were observed with the onset of greening up to 72 h. 56 kD protein of major intensity was observed in all greened chloroplasts and 24 kD protein increased remarkablly in both control and spermine-treated cotyledons. The thylakoids from spermine-treated cotyledons showed hither amounts of thylakoid proteins as compared to the controls. The results suggest that spermine may play a role in the regulation of plastid development and stabilizes the membrane function during greening.
mung bean cotyledon;chlorophyll-protein complex;plastid membrane protein;spermine;greening
- Phytochem. v.25 Radical scavenging properties of polyamines Drolet,G.;E.B.Dumbroff;R.L.Legge;J.E.Thompson
- Biochem. J. v.249 Polyamine inhibition of lipoperoxidation Tadolini,B.
- Eur. J. Biochem. v.118 Biosynthesis of the light-harvesting chlorophyll a/b protein : Polypeptide turnover in darkness Bennet,J.
- Biochem. Biophys. Acta. v.892 Failure of corn leaves to acclimate to low irradiance, Role of protochlorophyllide reductase in regulating levels of five chlorophyll-binding proteins Bennet,J.;J.R.Schwender;E.K.Shaw;N.Temple;M.Ledbetter;R.S.Williams
- J. of the Kor. Environ. Sci. Soc. v.2 Effects of polyamines on chlorophyll and protein content and δ-aminolevulinate dehydratase activity in greening mung bean cotyledons Hong,J.H.
- FEBS Lett. v.92 Chlorophyll-protein complexes of spinach and barley thylakoids: Spectural characterization of six complexes resolved by an improved electrophoretic procedure Anderson,J.M.;J.C.Waldrom;S.W.Thorne
- J. Biol. Chem. v.244 The reliability of molecular weight determinations of dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis Weber,K.;M.Osborn
- Jour. of Exp. Bot. v.42 Polyamines and adventitious root formation in the juvenile and mature phase of English ivy Geneve,R.L.;S.T.Kester
- Jour. of Exp. Bot. v.41 Proline and polyamine involvement in chilling tolerance of maize suspension cultures Songstad,D.D.;D.R.Duncan;J.M.Widholm
- Plant Cell Physiol. v.35 Flower induction by polyamines and related compounds in seedlings of morning glory(Pharbitis nil cv. kidachi) Wada,N.;M.Shinozaki;H.Iwamura
- Annu. Rev. Plant Physiol. Plant Mol. Biol. v.40 Do polyamines have roles in plant development? Evans,P.T.;R.L.Malmberg
- Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. v.76 Higher plant chloroplast: Evidence that all the chlorophyll exists as chlorophyll-protein complexes Markwell,J.P.;J.P.Thornber;R.T.Boggs
- Phytochem. v.31 Metabolism of protein and chlorophyll in leaf tissue of Festuca pratensis during chloroplast assembly and senescence Nock,L.P.;L.J.Rogers;H.Thomas
- Phytosynth., Res. v.14 The effect of dark interval in intermittent light on thylakoid development : Photosynthetic unit formation and light-harvesting protein accumulation Tzinas,G.;J.H.Argyroudi-Akoyunoglou;G.Akoyunoglou
- The physiology of polyamines v.Ⅱ Polyamines and plant hormones Altman,A.;U.Bach(ed.);Y.M.Heimer(ed.)
- J. Plant Physiol. v.26 Involvement of polyamines in the development and ripening of avocado fruits Winer,L.;A.Apelbaum
- Z. Pflanzenphysiol. v.102 Effect of benzyladenine on change in plastid membrane proteins of etiolated cucumber cotyledons during greening Ohya,T.;K.Naito;H.Suzuki
- Planta v.167 Exogenous polyamines alter membrane fluidity in bean leaves : A basis for potential misinterpretation of their true physiological role Roberts,D.R.;E.B.Dumbroff;J.E.Thompson
- Recent Adv. Phytochem. v.23 Primary and secondary metabolism of polyamines in plants Flores,H.E.;C.M.Protacio;M.W.Signs
- Annu. Rev. Plant Physiol. v.36 Polyamines Smith,T.A.
- Plant Mol. Biol. v.18 Accumulation of wound-inducible ACC synthase transcript in tomato fruit in inhibited by a slicylic acid and polyamines Li,N.;B.L.Parsons;D.Liu;A.K.Mattoo
- Plant Cell Physiol. v.31 Formation of chlorophyll-protein complexes during greening. 1. Distribution of newly synthesized chlorophyll among apoproteins Shimada,Y.;A.Tanaka;Y.Tanaka;T.Takabe;T.Kakabe;H.Tsuji
- Planta v.189 Effect of polyamines on stabilization of molecular complexes in thylakoid membranes of osmotically stressed oat leaves Besford,R.T.;C.M.Richardson;J.L.Campos;A.F.Tiburcio
- Plant Physiol. v.64 Stabilization of thylakoid membranes by spermine during stress-induced senescence of barley leaf discs Popovic,R.B.;D.J.Kyle;A.S.Cohen;S.Zalik
- Arch. Biochem. and Biophys. v.235 The physiology and biochemistry of polyamines in plants Slocum,R.D.;R.Kaur-Sawhney;A.W.Galston
- Plant Cell Physiol. v.24 Formation of chlorophyll-protein complexes in greening cucumber cotyledons in light and then in darkness Tanake,A.;H.Tsuji
- Nature v.227 Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head proteins of bacteriophage T₄ Laemmli,U.K.
- Biochim. Biophys., Acta. v.680 Calcium-induced formation of chlorophyll b and light-harvesting chlorophyll a/b protein complex in cucmber cotyledons in the dark Tanake,A.;H.Tsuji
- Plant Cell Physiol. v.35 Significance of spermidine in the initiation of adventitious buds in stem segments of Torenia Tanimoto,S.;Y.Matsubara;N.Ishioka
- Plant Physiol. v.70 Effects of exogenous 1,3-diaminopropane and spermidine on senescence of oat leaves Fuhrer,J.;R.Kaur-Sawhney;L.M.Shih;A.W.Galston
- Plant Growth Regulation v.10 Effects of exogenous polyamines and difluorome-thylornithine on seed germination and root growth of Arabidopsis thaliana Mirza,J.;N.Bagni
- Phytochem. v.28 Polyamines as radical scavengers and protectants against ozone damage Bors,W.C.;C.M.Langebartels;H.Sandermann