- Volume 28 Issue 10
To investigate effects of dietary fish oil and vitamin E level on the tissue levels of vitamin E and vitamin A and to see which tissue is sensitive to lipid peroxidizability, male Sprague-Dawley rats were fed experimental diets composed of either menhaden oil or soybean oil nad either low(equivalent to 17 mg
- Am J Clin Nutr v.54 Omega-3 fatty acids in health and disease and in growth and development Simopoulos A.P.
- J Kor Soc Food Nutr v.16 Effect of dietary fish oil on lipid peroxidation and antioxidative system in rat liver and brain Choi K.;Park M.;Chang K.;Cho S.H.
- Kor J Nutr v.20 Effects of sardine oil on plasma lipids, fatty acid composition of erythrocytes membrane phospholipids and lipid peroxide levels of plasma and liver in rats Choi I.;Jin B.
- J Nutr v.119 Effect of dietary lipids and vitamin E on in vitro lipid peroxidation in rat liver and kidney homogenates Hu M.L.;Frankel E.N.;Leibovitz B.E.;Tappel A.L.
- Lipids v.25 Lipid peroxidation in rat tissue slices : Effect of dietary vitamin E, corn oil-lard and menhaden oil Leibovitz B.E.;Hu M.L.;Tappel A.L.
- J Nutr v.121 Effect of longtime fish oil supplementation on vitamin E status and lipid peroxidation in women Meydani M.;Natiello F.;Goldin B.;Free N.;Woods M.;Schaefer E.;Blumber J.B.;Gorbach S.L.
- J Nutr v.121 The effects of fish oil on triglycerides, cholesterol, fibrinogen and malondialdehyde in humans supplemented with viamin E Haglund O.;Luotarinen R.;Wallin R.;Wiibell L.;Saldeen T.
- Am J Clin Nutr v.58 Dietary fish oil-induced changes in the distribution of α-tocopherol, retinol, and β-carotene in plasma, red blood cells, and platelets : modulation by vitamin E Nair P.P.;Judd J.T.;Berlin E.;Taylor P.R.;Shami S.;Sainz E.;Bhagaven H.N.
- J Lipid Res v.31 Inverse modifications of heart and liver α-tocopherol status by various dietary n-6/n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid ratios Chautan M.;Calaf R.;Leonardi J.;Charbonnier M.;Andre M.;Portugal H.;Pauli A.M.;Lafont H.;Nalbone G.
- Kor J Nutr v.25 Periodic changes in vitamin E, A and glutathione status in rats fed fish oil diet with different levels of vitamin E Cho S.H.;Im J.K.;Choi Y.S.
- Proc Nutr Soc v.53 Vitamin E : molecular and biological function Burton G.W.
- Archiv Biochem Biophys v.230 Vitamin A Metabolism : α-Tocopherol modulates tissue retinol levels in vivo, and retinyl plamitate hydrolysis in vitro Napoli J.L.;McCormick A.M.;O'Meara B.;Dratz E.A.
- J Nutr v.118 Rapid autoxidation of fish oil in diets without added antioxidants Fritsche K.L.;Johnston P.V.
- J Nutr v.82 Effect of degree of fatty acid unsaturation in tocopherol deficiency-in-duced creatinuria Witting L.A.;Horwitt M.K.
- J Biol Chem v.177 Biuret method for protein Gornall A.G.;Bardwill C.J.;Davis M.M.
- Anal Biochem v.95 Assay for lipid peroxides in animal tissues by thiobarbituric acid reaction Ohkawa H.;Ohishi N.;Yagi K.
- Am J Clin Nutr v.32 Simultaneous determination of tocopherol and retinol in plasma or red cells by high pressure liquid chromatography Bieri J.G.;Tolliver T.J.;Catgnani G.L.
- J Lipid Res v.14 Spectrophotometric method for determination of α-tocopherol in red blood cells Kayden H.J.;Chow C.K.;Bjornson L.K.
- Kor Biochem J v.26 Effects of dietary fish oil and vitamin E on lipid composition and stability of microsomal membranes Choi Y.S.;Im J.K.;Cho S.H.
- J Lipid Res v.35 Polyunsaturated fatty acids increase lipid radical formation induced by oxidant stress in endothelial cells Alexander North L.S.;North J.A.;Kiminyo K.P.;Buettner G.R.;Spector A.A.
- Br J Nutr v.71 Consumption of thermally-oxidized sunflower oil by chicks reduces α-tocopherol status and increases susceptibility of tissues to lipid oxidation Sheely P.J.A.;Morrissey P.A.;Flynn A.