- Volume 23 Issue 4
Introduction and Expression of the Urease Gene in Mosquitocidal Bacillus sphaericus 1593
세균성 Urease Gene에 의한 모기유충 방제균 Bacillus sphaericus 1593의 형질전환
- 한길환 (영남대학교 응용미생물학과) ;
- 김상달 (영남대학교 응용미생물학과)
- Published : 1995.08.01
Bacillus sphaericus 1593 is a larvicidal toxin-producing mosquitocidal bacterium. The toxin contains a parasporal crystalline inclusion which is composed of a protein that is activated under alkaline condition. To enhance alkaline environment around toxin protein, cryptic plasmid cured, B. sphaericus 1593 was transformed by the Bacillus pasteurii urease gene which generate ammonia from urea. Transformant produced urease at about 80% more than wild type strain. B. sphaericus 1593, and the urease gene was stably maintained. It also produced crystalline toxin protein at the same level as the wild type strain B. sphaericus 1593.
Bacillus sphaericus 1593;mosquitocidal toxin;urease gene
- Molec. Gen. Genet. v.168 Transformation of Bacillus subtilis protoplasts by Plasmid DNA Chang,S.;S.N.Cohen
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Bioeng. v.13 Molecular Cloning and Expression of Bacillus pasteurii Urease Gene in Eschenichia coli Kim,S.D.;J.Spizizen
- Journal of Bacteriology v.169 Cloning of the gene for the larvicidal toxin of Bacillus sphaericus 2362: evidence for a family of related sequence Baumann,P.;Baumann,L.;Bowditch,R.D.;Broadwell,A.H.
- SCIENCE v.219 Bacterial, viral, and Fungal Insecticides Lois, K. Miller;A.J.Lingg;Lee, A. Bulla, Jr.
- Meth. Enzymol. v.100 A rapid alkaline extriction method for the isolation of plasmid DNA Birnboim,H.C.
- Adv. Biotechnol. Processes v.3 Bacillus sphaericus: microbiological factors related to its potential as a mosquito larvicide Yousten,A.A.
- Microbiological Reviews v.50 Bacillus thuringiensis and related insect pathogens Aronson,A.I.;Beckman,W.;Dunn,P.
- J. Gen. Microbiol. v.130 Sporulation of Bacillus sphaericus 2297: an electron microscope study of crystal-like inclusions, biogenesis and toxicity to mosquito larvae Kalfon,A.;J.F.Charles;C.Bourgouin;H.de Barjac
- J. Invertbr. Pathol. v.43 Insecticidal activity of the crystalline parasporal inclusions and other components of Bacillus sphaericus 1593 spore complex Payne,J.M.;E.W.Davidson
- J. Bacteriol. v.127 Electron microscope study of sporulation and parasporal crystal formation in Bacillus thuringiensis Bechtel,D.B.;L.A.Bulla,Jr
- Biochem. J. v.159 A Coventient Method of Preparation of High-Activity Urease from Canavalia ensiformis by Covalent Chromatography and an Investigation of its Thiol Groups with 2,2-Dipyridyl disulphide as a Thiol Titrant and Reactivity Probe Norris,R.;K.Brocklehurst
- FEMS Microbiol. Lett. v.10 Parasporal inclusions in Bacillus sphaericus Davidson,E.W.;P.Mayers
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Bioeng. v.13 Curing Action of Antibiotic Resistant Factor in Bacillus subtilis Hong,Y.K.;J.H.Seu
- Plasmid of Medical, Environmental and Commerical Importance Plasmid classification; incompatibility grouping Datta,N.;K.N.Timmis(ed.);A.Puhler(ed.)
- Appl. Environ. Microbiol. v.47 Fate of Bacillus sphaericus 1593 and 2362 Spore Used as Larvicides in the Aquatic Environment Elizabeth, W. Davidson;M.Urbna;J.Payne;Mir S. Mula;H.Darwazeh;T.Dulmage;J.A.Corra
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Bioeng. v.10 Elimination of R-plasmid in Streptomyces bobili (YS-40) by Ethidium Bromide Kim,S.D.;J.H.Do
- Pathagenesis of Invertebrate Microbial Diseases Bacterial diseases of insects caused by toxin-producing Bacilli other than Bacillus thuringiensis Davidson,E.W.;Davidson,E.W.(ed.);Held,A.(ed.)
- Journal of General Microbiology v.130 Plasmid Transformation of Bacillus sphaericus 1593 Mcdonald,K.O.;W.F.Burke,JR