- Volume 22 Issue 2
In order to investigate the effect of feeding live yeast culture on the performance of laying hens, a feeding trial was conducted with 96 20-wk-old Hy4ine brown layers during their laying period of 60 wk. The live yeast culture used was a product from Saccharomyces cerevisiae that was cultured on the corn-based substrate followed by careful drying of whole material not to lose the viability of yeast. Three levels of yeast culture as 0.5, 1.0, and 2.0% for three treatments and 0% for the control were included in the experimental diets. The feeding trial was carried out for 60 wk from August 26, 1992 to October 26, 1993. To evaluate the performance of layers during cold or hot periods as affected by the yeast culture feeding, data from the 12-wk winter period and 12-wk summer period were separated and analyzed accordingly. During 60 wk of laying period hen-day egg production was slightly but significantly(P<.05) improved by feeding the yeast culture. The average egg weight and daily egg weight(g /day) were also increased by the yeast culture. Feeding the yeast culture did not increase feed intake but feed efficiency was improved significantly (P<.05). No significant difference was detected in egg or eggshell qualities between control and yeast culture-treated groups. Feed intake and egg weight were not affected by the yeast culture feeding under both cold and hot period, but egg production and feed efficiency during hot summer improved significantly by its feeding. This result indicates that the effectiveness of the yeast culture feeding is greater during summer than winter for laying hens.
- Poultry Sci v.34 Further studies on identified growth factor sources for broad bronze turkey poultry Atkinson,R.L.;Ferguson,T.M.;Couch,T.R.
- Proc Nutr Soc v.29 The value of BP protein concentrate for growing pigs Barber,R.S.;Braude,R.;Michell,K.G.;Myres,A.W.
- Brit J Nutr v.25 The value of hydrocarbon-grown yeast as a source of protain for growing pigs Barber,R.S.;Braude,R.;Michell,K.G.;Myres,A.W.
- Poultry Sci v.70 Lack of effect of a live yeast on broiler breeder and progency performance Brake,J.
- Effects of yeast culture on feed palatability in turkeys Cantor,A.H.;Johnson,T.H.;Hussein,A.S.
- Biometrics v.11 Multiple range and multiple F tests Ducan,D.B.
- Fed Reg v.37 New animal drugs (21 CRF Part 135) Edwards,C.C.
- Poultry Sci v.36 The effect of dehydrated alfalfa meal dried brewers yeast and condensed fish solubles on the reproductive performance of turkeys Fledman,G.L.;Atkinson,B.G.;Creech,T.M.;Ferguson,B.L.;Reid,B.L.;Couch,J.R.
- J Appl Bacteriol v.66 Probiotics in man and animals Fuller,R.
- Proc Alltech's 8th Annual Symp Addition of yea-sacc to diets new hampshire parent stock. Biotechnology in the Feed Industry Gerendia,D.T.;Gippert,H.I.;Fereucue,H.
- Poultry Sci v.71 no.Suppl 1 The influence of genotype on the reproductive performance of turkey hens fed a breeder diet containing a yeast culture Hayat,J.;Savage,T.F.;Mirosh,L.W.
- Biotechnology in the Feed Industry Yeast culture applications in calf and dairy diets Hughes,J.;Lyons,T.P.(ed.)
- Science v.147 Probiotics : growth promoting factors produced by microorganisms Lilly,D.M.;Stillwell,R.H.
Biotechnology in the Feed Industry
Effects of diet quality and
$Yea-Sacc^1026$on performance of commercial layers Lim,D.V.M.
- Crit Rev. Food Technol v.1 Algae, bacteria and yeast as food or feed Lipinsky,E.S.;Litchfield,J.H.
- Microbiology, Proc Conf The production of protein concentrate biomass from hydrocarbons Llewelyn,D.A.B.
- Biotechnology in the Feed Industry Proc 8th Annual Symp Effect of yea-sacc on reproductive performance of broiler breeder males and females McDaniel,G.
- Poultry Sci v.45 no.50 Unidentified growth factor sources in poult starter diets Miller,K.L.;Balloun,S.L.
- Jap J Microbiol v.31 On the drug resistance of entric bacteria Mitsubashi,S.;Harada,K.;Kameda,M.
- Fermented Foods Yeast extracts Peppler,H.J.;Rose,A.H.(ed.)
- Poultry Sci v.28 Nutritive properties of torula yeast for poultry Ringrose,R.C.
- Nature v.258 Persistence of tetracycline resistance in pig E. coli. Smith,H.W.
- Feed Mix v.1 no.4 Use of yeast in monogastrics Stephane,J.
- A step to energy independence Yeast Stewart,G.;Russel,I.
- World Anim Rev v.9 New sources of amino acids for pig and poultry nutrition van der Wal, P.
- Food and Drug Administration 71-6008 FDA task force report on the use of antibiotics in animal feeds van Houweling, C.D.
- Biotechnology in the Industry The microbiologist's function in developing action-specific microdrganisms Wu,J.F.
- 한국영양사료학회지 v.17 한우 육성 비육우의 생산성 향상에 관한 연구 :Ⅱ. 생균제투여가 육생산 및 사료효율에 미치는 영향 강수원;정연후;손금선;박죵윤;송창수
- 한국가금학회지 v.17 no.3 활성효모 첨가가 산란계의 생산성에 미치는 영향 유종석;백인기
- 영양사료기술세미나 61 단위가축에 대한 항생제, 생균제 및 효소제의 성장촉진 효과와 작용 기전 한인규