- Volume 11 Issue 3
The purpose of this research were to find ways to detect ecotone between the Mt. Pukhansan National Park and adjacent urban residential areas, to measure the width and size of ecotone around the park, and to investigate temporal change of ecotone around the Park. Normalized Difference Vegetation Index(NDVI) derived from TM data (May of 1985, 1987, and 1993) and the analytical capabilities of GIS were used to investigate the impacts of human activities inside of and outside of the boundary of the park. Major findings of the study can be summarized as follows: First, ecotone around the boundary of the national park could be identified from NDVI-distance curves derived by a series of buffering operations with a GIS. Second, average width of ecotone around the park was nealy doubled during 1985-1993 period. Third, NDVI vaules of the park were about 14 percent higher than those of surrounding areas. Finally, it seems that the expansion of the ecotone of the park is related to heavy trampling of visitors and various types of environmental pollution of the adjacent urban areas.
- Idrisi,Ver 4.0: Technical Reference Eastman,J.R.
- Remote Sensing and Image Interpretation(3rd ed.) Lillesand,M.;W.Kiefer
- Proc. of the Spring Seminar of the Ecological Society of Korea Detection of the Ecotone of the Mt.Pukhansan National Park with Remote Sensing Technologies Park,Chonghwa;Soojeong Myung,;Youngim Park
- Landscape Ecology Forman,;Richard,T.T.;Michael Godron
- Landscape Ecology and GIS Haines Young,;Roy,(et al.)
- Computer Processing of Remotely Sensed Images: An Introduction. Mather,Paul,M.
- A Sand County Almanac Leopold;Aldo
- Aims and Methods of Vegetation Ecology. Muller-Dombois,D.;Ellenberg,H.
- Ecology: The Experimental Analysis of Distribution and Abundance(3rd ed.) Krebs,Charles,J.
- Research Method in Ecology Clements,F.E.
- Jour. of the Korean Society of Remote Sensing 8-1 A Change detection with Green Vegetation Index derived from Landsat TM Data Park,Chonghwa
- Ecology and Field Biology (3rd ed.) Smith,Robert Leo
- Idrisi, Ver 4.1 : Update Manual Eastman,J.R.
- Photo. Eng. and Remote Sensing 55-11 Quantitative Analysis of Ecotones Using a Geographic Information System Johnston,Carol,A.;John Bonde
- Proc. of International Symposium on Remote Sensing A Study on the Application of GIS and Remote Sensing Technologies for the Detection of Ecotone of Mt.Pukhansan National Park of Seoul,Korea Park,Chonghwa;Soojeong Myung;Youngim Park