- Volume 11 Issue 3
In this paper, the algorithm to extract the height of flat-rooftop structures in stereo aerial image is suggested with an assumption that location, orientation, focal length, and field of view of a camera are known. It can be adapted to stereo aerial or satellite images. For performing feature-based stereo matching, the line segments suitable to describe the shape of general buildings are chosen as the feature. This paper is composed of three categories;the first step is to extract edges of structures with the polygon extraction algorithm which utilizes the edge following method, the second step is to perform the line segment matching with the camera information, and the last step is to calculate the location of each matched line and to estimate heights. The stereo images used in experiments are not real but synthetic ones. The experiment shows good results.
- Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing v.41 Detecting Buildings in Aerial Image A.Huertas,;R.Nevatia,
- Journal of KSRS v.11 no.1 The Extraction of Exact Building Contours in Aerial Images Choi Sung Han,;Lee Kwae hee,
- Computer Vision,Graphics,and Image Processing v.31 Segment-Based Stereo Matching G.Medioni,;R.Nevita,
- Graphical Models & Image Processing v.53 no.1 Enhancement of Low Bit Rate Coded Image Using Edge Detection & Estimation Ken Sauer
- Mapping and Spatial Modelling for Navigation,NATO ASI Series v.F65 Toward Automatic Cartographic Feature Extraction R.Bruce Irvin;David M.McKeown Jr.
- SPIE Applications of Artificial Intelligence v.1468 Automatic Reconstruction of Buildings from Aerial Imagery Sarvajit S.Sinha,
- Analytical Photogrammetry S.K.Ghosh,
- IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence v.PAMI-2 no.4 Disparity Analysis of Image S.T.Barnard,;W.B.Tompson,
- Proc. of ISPRS v.29 Resampling Digital Imagery to Epipolar Geometry W.Cho,;T.Schenk,;M.Madani,
- Computer Vision,Graphics,and Image Processing v.49 Use of Shadows for Extracting Buildings in Aerial Images Y.Liow,;T.Pavlidis
- INRIA Sophia-Antipolis n'2340 Estimating Motion and Structure from Correspondences of Line Segments Between Two Perspective Images Zhengyou Zhang