- Volume 11 Issue 3
Features of geological lineaments generally play an important role at the data interpretation concerned geological processes, mineral exploration or natural hazard risk estimation. However, there are intrinsically discordances between lineaments-related features extracted from surficial geological syrvey and those from satellite imagery;nevertheless, any data set contained those information should not be considred as less meaningful within their own task. For the purpose of effective utilization task of extracted lineaments, the mathematical scheme, based on fuzzy set theory, for practical integration of various types of rasterized data sets is studied. As a real application, the geological map named Homyeong sheet(1:50,000) and the Landset TM imageries covering same area were used, and then lineaments-related data sets such as lineaments on the geological map, lineaments extracted from a false-color image composite satellite, and major drainage pattern were utilized. For data fusion process, fuzzy membership functions of pixel values in each data set were experimentally assigned by percentile, and then fuzzy algebraic sum operator was tested. As a result, integrated lineaments by this well-known operator are regarded as newly-generated reasonable ones. Conclusively, it was thought that the implementation within available GISs, or the stand-alone module for general applications of this simple scheme can be utilized as an effective scheme can be utilized as an effective scheme for further studies for spatial integration task for providing decision-supporting information, or as a kind of spatial reasoning scheme.
- Geographic Information Systems: A Management Perspective Anoroff,S.
- Principles of geographical information systems for land resources assessment. Burrough,P.A.
- Jour. of soil science v.43 Fuzzy classification methods for determining land suitability from soil profile observations and topography Burrough,P.A.;MacMillan,R.A.;van Deursen,W.
- Jour. of the Korean Soc.of Remote Sensing v.10 A study on the extraction of groundwater potential area utilizing the remotely sensed data Chi,K.-H.
- Int. Jour. of GISs. v.8 A land evaluation project in Greece using GIS and based on Boolean and fuzzy set methodologies Davidson,D.A.;Theocharopoulos,S.P.;Bloksma,R.J.
- USGS Open file report 93-392 Quantifying favorableness for occurrence of a mineral deposits type using fuzzy logic- an example from Arizona Gettings,M.E.;Bultman,M.W.
- Canadian Jour.of Remote Sensing v.19 Change detection using principal component analysis and fuzzy set theory Gong,P.
- Satellite Remote Sensing- An Introduction Harris,R.
- Korea Inst. of Energy and Resources Geochemical maps for Homyeong sheet in the Taebaeksan mineralized belt Jin,M.S.;Lee,J.S.;Kim,S.J.;Lee,C.Y.
- Korea Inst. of Energy and Resources Aerial gamma ray and magnetic survey map: Taebaek,Jincheon,and Imgye(1:50000)
- UCGE Report # 20059 Uncertainty management with fuzzy sets in a commercial vector GIS Lam,S.S.M.
- Proc.of Economic and Environmental Geology Mineral exploration using GRASS-GIS and fuzzy spatial reasoning Lee,K.;Kwon,B.D.
- Jour. of the Korean Earth Sciences v.16 Application of artificial neural networks to spatial integration of raster-based geological data Lee,K.;Kwon,B.D.
- Jour. of the Korean Society of Geo-spatial Information systems v.3 Theoretical background for data-driven integration of raster-based geological information Lee,K.;Chi,K.H.
- IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing v.25 Probabilistic and evidential approaches for multisource data analysis Lee,T.;Richards,J.A.;Swain,P.H.
- Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems : Geological mapping,mineral exploration and mining Legg,C.
- Canadian Jour. of Remote Sensing v.19 On mathematical representation and integration of multiple spatial geoscience data sets Moon,W.M.
- Remote Sensing of Environment v.8 Simultaneous use of geological,geophysical,and Landsat digital data in uranium exploration Missallati,A.;Prelat,A.E.;Lyon,R.J.P.
- Geological Society of Ameraca Bulletin v.87 Lineament,linear,lineation: some proposed new standards for old terms OLeary,D.W.;Friedman,J.D.;Pohn,H.A.
- Computer & Geosciences v.19 Using neural networks to locate edges and linear features in satellite images Penn,B.S.;Gordon,A.J.;Wendlandt,R.F.
- Automated road network extraction from Landsat TM imagery Wang,J.F.;Howarth,P.J.
- IEEE Information and Control v.8 Fuzzy sets. Zadeh,L.A.
- Fuzzy sets and Systems v.1 Fuzzy sets as a basis for the theory of possibility Zadeh,L.A.
- IEEE Spectrum v.8 Marking computers think like people Zadeh,L.A.
- IEEE Computer v.8 Fuzzy logic Zadeh,L.A.
- Fuzzy Sets and Systems v.4 Latent connectives,human decision making Zimmermann,H.;Zysno,P.