- Volume 11 Issue 3
The International TOVS(TIROS Operational Vertical Sounders) Process Package(ITPP-VI), which has been installed at Korea Meteorological Administration(KMA), is only for a global usage to need a surface data to generate atmospheric soundings and total ozone amount. If the initial input process in the ITTP-VI is not modified, it takes climatic surface data for producing sounding data and total ozone amount in general. KMA is trying to improve the quality of TOVS total ozone amount using real-time synoptoc observation in various ways instead of climatological data because this retrieved data in the new scheme for total ozone presently used at the KMA may critically provide to analyze the long-term trend of ozone structure over the Korean peninsula. Two cases in this study show that TOVS retrieved total ozone amounts used by synoptic surface observations can delineate more detailed ozone structures rather than those used by climate surface data. The distribution of TOVS retrieved ozone amount fields with the synoptic surface analyzed data(TOVS-GPV) show more in detail relatively than those with the climate data(TOVS-CLIMAT) as expected. In addition, the collocated inter-comparisons of TOVS-GPV with TOVS-CLIMAT, TOMS observations and Dobsometer observations are performed statistically. TOVS-GPV fields with TOMS observations show smaller bias relatively than TOVS-CLIMAT and also reduce the differences.
- J. of Atmospheric Research v.8 no.1 Analysis of Upper Air State over Korea by the TOVS Outputs during the Summer Season Cho Ha-man,;J.W.Lee,;K.R.Kim,;A.S.Suh,;H.S.Yoon,;D.H.Kim,;G.Y.Park,;Y.H.Kim
- J.A.O.T. v.5 Evaluation of an Imporved Set of Predictors for Derivation of Total Ozone from TOVS Measurements Liecesch,J.H.
- J. of Clim. and Appl. Meteor. v.23 Total ozone from NoAA satellites a physical model for obtaining measurement with high spatial resolution Ma,X.L.;W.L.Smith,;H.W.Woolf
- Reviews of Geophysics and Space Physics v.14 Retrieval of atmospheric temperature and composition from remote measurements of thermal radiation Rodgers,C.D.
- Applied Optics v.9 Iterative solution of the radiation transfer equation for temperature and absorbing gas profile of an atmosphere Smith,W.L.
- NOAA/National Earth Satellite Service Algorithms used to retrieve surface-skin temperature and vertical temperature and moisture profile from VISSR Atmospheric Sounder(VAS) Radiance Observations Smith,W.L.
- Journal of Geophysical Research v.88 An accurate radiative transfer model for use in the direct physical inversion of HIRS-2 and MSU sounding data Susskind,J.;Rosenfield,J.;Reuter,D.
- Met. Sat. Center, Japan, Tech. Note v.25 Derivation of total ozone amount from NOAA/TOVS data Yoshito Yoshizaki