- Volume 23 Issue 1 Serial No. 72
An Antibacterial Lectin from Lampteromyces japonicus
화경버섯의 항세균성 렉틴
- Yoon, Joo-Ok (Department of Food Science and Technology, Dongguk University) ;
- Min, Tae-Jin (Department of Chemistry, Dongguk University) ;
- Yoon, Hee-Sik (Department of Biology, Yonsei University)
- Published : 1995.03.30
A lectin was isolated from the fruiting bodies of Lampteromyces japonicus by preparative PAGE and named LJAP (Lampteromyces japonicus antibacterial protein). LJAP was a polymeric protein of more than one hundred kDa consisting of 17-kDa subunits. The amino acid analysis revealed a high content of serine, glycine, and acidic amino acids. LJAP has an excellent antibacterial activity for Escherichia coli, JM 109, K 12, HB 101, and JW 380. By the inhibition assay of the antibacterial activity, a glycoprotein, asialofetuin was confirmed as the best inhibitor. This is the first lectin isolated and characterized its antibacterial and agglutination activities from the family Lampteromyces.
- Biochemistry v.24 A new Multimeric Hemagglutinin from the Coelomic Fluid of the Sea Urchin Anthocidaris crassispina Giga, Y.;Sutoh, K.;Ikai, A.
- Biochemistry v.22 Purification and Properties of Two Hemagglutinins of the Mushroom Laccaria amethystina Guillot, J.;Genaud, L.;Gueugnot, J.;Damez, M.
- Biochim. Biophys. Acta. v.538 Studies on Lectins. XXXVI Properties of Some Lectins Prepared by Affinity Chromatography on O-glycosyl Polyacrylamide Gels Horejsi, V.;Kocourek, J.
- Eur. J. Biochem. v.106 Insect Immunity. Purification and Properties of Three Inducible Bactericidal Proteins from Hemolymph of Immunized Pupae of Hyalophora cecropia Hultmark, D.;Steiner, H.;Rasmuson, T.;Boman, H.G.
- FEBS Lett. v.227 Purification and Properties of a Galactosyl-specific Lectin from the Fruiting Bodies of Ischnoderma resinosus Kawagishi, H.;Mizuno, T.
- Biochim. Biophys. Acta. v.1034 Isolation and Characterization of a Lectin from Grifola frondosa Fruiting Bodies Kawagishi, H.;Nomura, A.;Mizuno, T.;Kimura, A.;Chiba, S.
- Biochim. Biophys. Acta. v.1076 Chemical Modification and NMR Studies on a Mushroom Lectin Ischnoderma resinocum Agglutinin (IRA) Kawagishi, H.;Hori, H.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.264 Purification and Properties of an N-Acetylglucosamine-specific Lectin from Psathyrella velutina Mushroom Kochibe, N.;Matta, K.L.
- Nature v.227 Cleavage of Structural Proteins during the Assembly of the Head of Bacteriophage T4 Laemmli, U.K.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.193 Protein Measurement with the Folin Phenol Reagent Lowry, O.H.;Rosebrough, N.J.;Farr, A.L.;Randall, R.J.
- Biochem. J. v.211 Purification and Characterization of an Antibacterial Protein from Haemolymph of Sarcophaga peregrima (Flesh-fly) larvae Okada, M.;Natori, S.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.247 Characterization of the Cell Surface Receptor for the Agaricus bisporus Hemagglutinin Presant, C.A.;Kornfeld, S.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.242 Studies on a Hemagglutinin from the mushroom Agaricus campestris Sage, H.J.;Vazquez, J.J.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.244 Studies on a Hemagglutinin from the Meadow Mushroom Sage, H.J.;Connett, S.L.
- Biol. Chem. Hoppe-Seyler v.366 Purification and Characterization of Four Isolectins of Mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) Sueyoshi, S.;Tsuji, T.;Osawa, T.
- Can. J. Biochem. Cell. Biol. v.63 Studies on Lectins. LIX. Isolation and Properties of Lectins from Fruiting Bodies fo Xerocomus chrysenteron and Lactarius lignyotus Sychrova, H.;Ticha, M.;Kocourek, J.
- J. Biochem. v.86 Purification and Characterization of a Lectin from the Mushroom, Flammulina veltipes Tsuda, M.