- Volume 3 Issue 2
An intermediate atmosphere-ocean coupled model appropnate for the study of El Nino has been developed. The model is not only economic to use but also contains several most important physical processes. The geometrical effects which were not confided in the previous intermediate model study of Ahn (1990), are included in the model for more realistic simulation of the event. The results show that the individual models respond appropriately to the given boundary conditions. At the same time, in the coupled model experiment, ENSO-like oceanic and atmospheric anomalies are also well simulated under an external triggering similar to the initiation forcing of ENSO. It is expected that this type of model can be effectively used for the. study and simulation of El Nido. More improvement of modeling may be Possible after inclusion of subsequent processes such as inclusion of ocean mixed layer dynamics.
- Mon. Wea. Rev. v.104 Computations of Surface Energy Flux and Annual Air-Sea Intreraction Cycles of the Northern Atlantic Ocean Bunker,A.F.
- Science v.228 A Theory for El Nino and the Southern Oscillation Cane,M.A.;S.E.Zebiak
- Mon. Wea. Rev. v.115 A Model ENSO Zebiak,S.E.;M.A.Cane
- Proc. of the K-COARE Long-term variabilities in the seas around Korea Kim,K
- Mon. Wea. Rev. v.113 Modeling the Seasonal Dependence of the Atmospheric Response to Observed El Nino in 1962-76 Lau,N.C.
- Ocean Modelling v.83 The effect of salinity on a tropical Pacific ocean model Kattenberg,A.;M.A.Allaart
- Elsevier Oceanogr v.40 Free Equatorial Instabilities in Simple Coupled Atmosphere-Ocean Models;Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere models Hirst,A.C.
- J.Atmos. Sci. v.45 The Response of a Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere GCM to Wind Bursts Latif,M.;J.Biercamp;H.V.Storch
- J.Atmos. Sci. v.47 A Hybrid Coupled GCM for El Nino Studies Neelin,J.D.
- J. Phys. Oceanogr. v.5 El Nino-The Dynamic Response at the Equatorial Pacific: Ocean to Atmospheric Forcing Wytki,K.
- J. Comp. Physics v.4 A numerical method for the study of the circulation of the world ocean Bryan,J.
- J.Korea Meteor. Soc. v.28 Interannual Variability at the Surface of World Oceans Ahn,J.B.
- J.Atmos. Sci. v.45 On the Dynamics of Intraseasonal Oscillations and ENSO Lau,K.M.;S.Shen
- Ph.D.thesis, Oregon State Univ A Study of El Nino/Southern Oscillation: Numerical Experiments and Data Analysis Ahn,J.B.
- Simulation of the Seasonal Fluctuation of the Upper Ocean by a Global Circulation Model with an Imbedded Mixed Layer v.11 Kim,J.W.;W.L.Gates
- Elsevier Oceanogr v.40 The Global Climate Simulate by a Coupled Atmosphere-Ocean GCM;Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere models Gates,W.L.;Y.J.Han;M.E.Schlesinger
- Elsevier Oceanogr v.40 An Analysis of the Air-Sea-Ice Interaction Simulated by the OSU-Coupled Atmosphere-Ocean GCM;Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere models Han,Y.J.;M.E.Schlesinger;W.L.Gates
- TOGA : A Review of Progress and Future Opportunities Shukla,J.
- Abs. of Intrernational TOGA Sci. Conf. Simulations of the ENSO with Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere GCMs at GFDL Lau,N.C.;S.G.H.Philander
- Mon. Wea. Rev. v.110 Variations in the Tropical SST and Surface Wind Fields Associated with the ENSO Rasmusson,E.M.;T.H.Carpenter
- J.Atmos. Sci. v.41 Unstable Air-Sea Interactions in the Tropics Philander,S.G.;H.T.Yamagata;R.C.Pacanowski