- Volume 3 Issue 2
Chlorinated water in swimming pools contains chloroform at elevated levels compared to chlorinated drinking water Chloroform levels in four indoor swimming pools(swimming pools A, B and C in a city of Korea and swimming pool D in a city of New Jersey in the United States) were examined. The chloroform levels in the water of swimming pool C (city-managed) weve shown to be significantly(p=0.0001) different from those of private swimming pools A and B: the mean chloroform levels in the pools A, B, and C are 22.8, 17.8, and 31.1
- Chloroform IARC monographs on the evaluation of the carcinogenic risk of chemicals to humans;Some halogenated hydrocarbons International Agency for Research on Cancer
- Chemicals in the environment Andelman,J.B.;S.M.Meyers;L.C.Wilder
- Water Research v.15 Distribution and balance of volatile halogenated hydrocarbons in the water and air of covered swimming pools using chlorine for water disinfection Lahl,U.;K.Batjer,J.V.;Duszeln;B.Gabel;B.Stachel;W.Thiemann
- Am. J. Public Health v.70 no.1 Nitrates, chlorates and trihalomethanes in swimming pool water Beech,J.A.;R.Diaz.;C.Ordaz;B.Palomeque
- The determination of halogenated chemicals in water by the purge and trap method(Method 502.1) Method 502.1 U.S.Environmental Protection Agency
- Environ. Sci. Technol. v.11 no.5 Chlorination reactions of fulvic acids in natural waters Rook,J.J.
- Undergraduate Independent Work, Department of Chemical Engineering, Princeton University Volatilization of organic groundwater contaminants in a shower environment Weiss,C.F.
- Arch. Envrion. Health v.45 no.3 plasma chloroform concentrations in swimmers using indoor swimming pools Aggazzotti,G.;G.Fantuzzi;P.L.Tartoni;G.Predieri
- J. Am. Wat. Wks. Associ The formation of trihalomethanes Trussel,R.R.;K.Umphres
- Amer. Water Assoc. v.66 Determining volatile organics at microgram-per litre levels by gas chromatography Belar,T.A.;J.J.Lichtenberg
- Water Research v.20 no.8 Survey of volatile halogenated organics(VHO) in Italy;Levels of VHO in drinking waters surface, waters and swimming pools Aggazzotti,G.;G.Predieri
- Water Research v.17 Survey of trihalomethane levels in Rhone-Alps water supplies;Estimates on the formation of chlotoform in wastewater treatment plants and swimming pools Chambon,P.;M.Taveau;M.Morin;R.Chambon;J.Vial
- Report of the task group on reference man, International commission on radiological protection papers No.23 Syneder,W.S.;M.J.Cook;E.S.Nasset;L.R.Karhausen;G.P.Howells;I.H.Tipton
- Arch. Int. Pharmacodyn. Ther. v.196 Pulmonary elimination of chloroform and its matabolite in man Fry,B.J.;T.Taylor;D.E.Hathway
- Water Res v.14 Determination of trihalomethanes(THM) in water using high efficiency solvent extraction Norin,H.;L.Renberg
- Water Treat. Exam. v.23 Formation of haloforms during chlorination of natural waters Rook,J.J.