- Volume 22 Issue 6
Dectection of the Bacteriocin from Lactic Acid Bacteria Involved in Kimchi Fermentation
김치 발효에 관여하는 젖산균에서의 Bacteriocin의 검색
- Cho, Jae-Sun ;
- Jung, Sung-Je ;
- Kim, Young-Mok ;
- Chun, Uck-Han
- 조재선 (경희대학교 식품가공학과) ;
- 정성제 (경희대학교 식품가공학과) ;
- 김영목 (경희대학교 식품가공학과) ;
- 전억한 (경희대학교 식품가공학과)
- Published : 1994.12.01
Lactic acid bacteria in Kimchi fermentation were tested for inhibitory activity against Gram positive bacteria and Gram negative bacteria. The Lactobacillus brevis (KCCM 35464) was found to produce a antimicrobial substance. It showed relatively wide range of inhibition spectrum against gram positive and gram negative bacteria and maintained the inhibitory activity between pH 4.0 and pH 9.0. The antimicrobial substance was obtained in the stationary growth phase and was purified by gel chromatography. The inhibitory effect of the antimicrobial substance on sensitive bacterial strains was determined by filter paper test. The activity of antimicrobial substa- nce was stable at 75$\circ$C. On the basis of its electrophoretic pattern is SDS-PAGE, antimicrobial substance appeared as a single band of 59 KDalton.
Bacteriocin;lactic acid bacteria;antimicrobial activity
- Lactobacillus, Antimicro. Agents Chemother v.4 Isolation and characterization of a bacteriocin from a homofermentative Upreti,G.C.;R.D.Hinsdill
- Inter. J. Food. Microbiol. v.3 Inhibition of Staphylococcus aureus and spheroplast of gram-negative bacteria by an antagonistic compound produced by a strain of Lactobacillus plantarum Anderson,R.
- Appl. Environ. Microbiol. v.57 Detection and activity of a bacteriocin produced by Leuconostoc mesenteroides Daba,H.;S.Pandian;J.F.Gosselin;R.E.Simard;J.Huang;C.Lacroix
- J. Bacteriol v.173 Cloning, phenotypic expression, and DNA sequence of the gene for lactacin F, an antimicrobial peptide preduced by lactobacillus sp. Muriana,P.M.;T.R.Klaehnammer
- Biochimie v.70 Antibacterial activity of plantaricin SIK-83, a bateriocin produced by Lactobacillus plantarum Anderson,R.E.;M.A.Daeschel;H.M.Hassan
- Food Technol. v.43 Antimicrobial substances from lactic acid bacteria for use as food preservatives Daeschel,M.A.
- Appl. Environ. Microbiol. v.50 Association of a 13.6-megadalton plasmid in Pediococcus pentosaceus with bacteriocin activity Daeschel,M.A.;T.R.Klaenhammer
- Appl. environ. Microbiol. v.53 Conjugal transfer of plasmid-encoded determinants for bacteriocin production and immunity in Lactobacillus acidophilus 88 Muriana,P.M.;T.R.Klaehnammer
- Appl. Environ. Microbiol. v.58 Enhanced control of Listeria monocytogenes by in situ-produced Pediocin during dry fermented sausage production Foegeding,P.M.;A.B.Thomas;T.R.Klaenhammer