- Volume 22 Issue 6
Production of Pyrogallol from Gallic Acid by Erwinia sp.
Erwinia sp.에 의한 Gallic Acid로부터 Pyrogallol의 생산
- 박병화 (고려대학교 농화학과) ;
- 황인균 (고려대학교 농화학과) ;
- 방원기 (고려대학교 농화학과)
- Published : 1994.12.01
For the production of pyrogallot from gallic acid, about 100 strains of bacteria capable of assimilating gallic acid as a sole carbon and energy source were isolated from the soil. JH- 004 strain showing the highest activity of gallate decarboxy#lase was selected from them and identi- fied as Erwinia sp. The optimal conditions for the production of pyrogallol from gallic acid were examined. The resting cells of JH-004 cultured in a complex medium containing 0.2%(w/v) gallic acid were prepared after the treatment of the pellet with a freezing and thawing, and used as a enzyme source. The reaction mixtures for the maximal production of pyrogallol were shown to be 6 g/l of resting cells and 15 g/l of gallic acid in 25 mM potassium phosphate buffer. The optimal pH for the reaction was 5.0 and the optimal temperature was 35$\circ$C . Additionally, Triton X-100(0.01%, w/v) was found to be most effective for the production of pyrogallol. Under the above conditions, 10.27 g/l of pyrogallol was produced from 15 g/l of gallic acid after incubation of 35 hrs. This amount of pyrogallol corresponds to a 92.37% yields, based on gallic acid.
Pyrogallol;galic acid;Erwinia sp.
- Anal. Chem. v.64 Electrochemical immobilization of enzymes. 3. Immobilization of glucose oxidase in thin films of electrochemically polymerized phenols Philip,N.B.;P.Tebbutt;C.H.Tyrrell
- Science v.193 Microbial degradation of condensed tannins Grant,W.D.
- FEMS Microbiol. Lett. v.5 Purification and properties of pyrocatechuate decarboxylase from Aspergillus niger Ramachandran,A.;V.Subramanian;M.Sugumaran;C.S.Vaidyanathan
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.49 Microbial production of pyrogallol through decarboxylation of gallic acid Yoshida,H.;H.Yamada
- Amino acid. Nucleic acid v.11 微生物の對する表面活性劑の作用 大林晃
- Can. J. Microbiol. v.20 Survival of Escherichia coli from freeze-thaw damage:a theoretical and practical study Calcott,P.T.;R.A.Macleod
- J. Biol. Chem. v.193 Protein measurement with folin reagent Lowry,O.H.;N.J.Rosebrough;A.L.Farr
- J. Ferment. Bioeng. v.74 Bioconversion of gallic acid into pyrogallol by immobilized Citrobacter freundii TB3 Kumar,R.A.;A.Jayaraman;M.Lakshmanan;P.Gunasekaran
- In Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology v.2 Pyrogallol Raymond,E.K.;D.F.Othmer
- Biochem. Biophys. Acta v.28 The biosynthesis of patulin related aromatic substances from Penicillium patulum strain 2159A Tanenbaum,S.W.;E.W.Bassett
- Biochem. J. v.24 The use of barcroft apparatus for the measurement of tissue respiration Malcolm,D.;K.A.C.Elliott
- Biochem. Biophysics. Acta v.415 Solubilization of membranes by detergents Helenius,A.;K.Simons
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.41 Bacterial racemization of α-amino-ε-caprolactam Fukumura,T.
- Ind. Eng. Chem. v.39 Tannins and allied chemicals in mercaptan removal processes Happel,J.;S.P.Cauley
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.40 Purification and some properties of yeast tannase Aoki,K.;R.Shnke;H.Nishira
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.46 Isolation and identification of a pyrogallol producing bacterium from soil Yoshida,H.;Y.Tani;H.Yamada
- Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology(8th ed.) v.2 Sneath,P.H.A.;N.S.Nair;M.E.Sharpe;J.G.Holt
- J. Ferment. Technol. v.58 Bacteria degrading tannic acid and related compounds Descamps,A.M.;G.Mahoudeau;M.Conti;J.M.Lebeault
- Kagaku v.29 Degradative metabolism of tannin by molds Nishira,H.
- Anal. Chem. v.179 Silica gel layer chromatography of phenols and phenolcarboxylic acids I.Z. Pastuska,G.
- 日本公開特許公報(A) 昭61-108393 ピロガロルの製造法 菊地護;湯淺克己;水澤淸
- Anal. Biochem. v.28 Determination of each constituent in mixtures of catechol and protocatechuic acid, quinol and gentisic acid, phenol and ρ-hydroxybenzoic acid, and pyrogallol and gallic acid Grant,D.J.W.;J.C.Patel
- 日本公開特許公報(A) 昭63-49088 微生物にょるピロガロ-ル,ピロカテコ-ルもしくはそれらの誘導體の製造方法 山本英津子;植田宏