- Volume 22 Issue 6
Inhibitory Effects of Cysteine on Growth and Protease Production of Preudomonas sp. RP-222 and its Mutant MR-3966
Pseudomonas sp. RP-222와 변이주 MR-3966 의 생육 및 Protease 생산에 Cysteine이 미치는 저해효과
- Lee, Kwang-Soo ;
- Kang, Shin-Kwon ;
- Son, Bong-Soo ;
- Roh, Jong-Soo ;
- Kim, Gyeong-Sook ;
- Chun, Sung-Sik ;
- Sung, Nack-Kie
- 이광수 (경상대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 강신권 (경상대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 손봉수 (경상대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 노종수 (부산 동의공업전문대학 환경공학과) ;
- 김경숙 (일본 국립건강영양연구소) ;
- 전성식 (경상대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 성낙계 (경상대학교 식품공학과)
- Published : 1994.12.01
Cysteine showed strong inhibitory effect on growth and protease production of Pseudo- monas sp. RP-222 and its mutant, MR-3966. Mid- to late-log phase cells were most sensitive to the presence of 10 mM cysteine. The inhibition caused by cysteine was almost completely overcome by addition of isoleucine, leucine and valine mixture to the medium, and inclusion of iso#leucine alone could greatly reduce the inhibitory effects of cysteine. Homocysteine and #cysteine, sulfur compounds having similar structure as cysteine, inhibited to varying degrees the growth of both strains. Cysteine and homocysteine were strong inhibitors of threonine deaminase but not transa#- minase B. These results suggest a relationship between the growth-inhibitory effects of cysteine and other sulfur compounds and the inhibition of isoleucine synthesis at the level of threonine deaminase.
Protease;Pseudomonas sp. RP-222;Pseudomonas sp. MR-3966;cysteine
- Microbiol. Rev. v.43 Growth inhibition as a consequence of antagonism between related amino acids : effect of valine in Escherichia coli K-12 De Felic,M.;M.Levinthal;M.Iaccarino;J.Guardiola
- Thesis for Ph. Doctor's Degree Rho,J.S.
- J. Gen. Microbiol. v.68 Mechanism of the growth inhibitory effect of cysteine on Escherichia coli Kari,C.;Z.Naagy;P.Kovacs;F.Hermadi
- J. Bacteriol. v.145 Cysteine and growth inhibition of Escherichia coli : Threonine deaminase as the target enzyme Harris,C.L.
- Annu. Rev. Microbiol. v.30 Production of extracellular proteins by bacteria Glenn,A.R.
- Biochem. J. v.92 Effect of cysteine on respiration and catalase synthesis by Saccharomyces cerevisiae Bhuvaneswarna,C.;A.Sreenivasan;D.V.Rege
- J. Gen. Appl. Microbiol. v.10 Effect of sulfur compounds on the protease formation by Aspergillus niger Tomonaga,G.;H.Ohama;T.Yanagita
- Thesis for Master's Degree Ha,S.W.
- Biochem. Biophys. Acta. v.117 Sulfur metabolism of Bacillus subtilis Villarejo,M.;J.Westley
- Anal. Biochem. v.51 An assay for transaminase B enzyme activity in Escherichia coli K-12 Duggan,D.E.;J.A.Wechsler
- Appl. Environ. Microbiol. v.51 Effect of cysteine on growth, protease production, and catalase activity of Psedomonas fluorescens Himelbloom,B.H.;H.M.Hassan
- J. Inst. Brew. London v.67 Effect of cysteine and other thiols on the growth of a brewer's yeast Maw.G.A.
- J. Bacteriol. v.83 Isoleucine and valine metabolism in Escherichia coli Ⅵ. Valine inhibition of the growth of E. coli strain K-12 Leavitt,R.I.;H.E.Umbarger
- Nature v.277 Cleavage of structure proteins during assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4 Laemmli,U.K.
- Microbios v.14 Failure of lipoic acid to protect against acute cellular oxygen toxicity in Escherichia coli Brown,O.R.
- Cold Spring Harbor Symp. Quant. Biol. v.11 Induced biochemical mutations in bacteria Tatum,E.L.
- J. Bacteriol v.112 Isolecine and metabolism in Escherichia coli. ⅩⅧ. Induction of acetohydroxy acid isomeroreductase Ratzkin,B.;S.Arfin;H.E.Umbarger
- J. Dairy Sci. v.30 Studies on milk proteins.Ⅱ. Colorimetric determination of the partial hydrolysis of the proteins in milk Hull,M.E.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.233 Isoleucine and valine metabolism in Escherichia coli. Ⅷ. The formation of α-acetolactate Umbarger,H.E.;B.Brown
- Can. J. Microbiol. v.17 Inhibition of the growth of Heminthosporium carbonum by L-cysteine Allen,E.H.;G.G.Hussey