- Volume 22 Issue 6
Molecular Colning and Ewpression of the
$\alpha$-L-Arabinofuranosidase Gene of Bacillus stearothermophilus in Escherichia coli
$\alpha$-L-Arabinofuranosidase 유전자의 클로닝 및 Escherichia coli에서의 발현
- Eom, Soo-Jung ;
- Kim, Hee-Sun ;
- Cho, Ssang-Goo ;
- Choi, Yong-Jin
- 엄수정 (고려대학교 자연과학대학 유전공학과) ;
- 김희선 (고려대학교 자연과학대학 유전공학과) ;
- 조쌍구 (고려대학교 자연과학대학 유전공학과) ;
- 최용진 (고려대학교 자연과학대학 유전공학과)
- Published : 1994.12.01
The Bacillus stearothermophilus arfI gene encoding a-arabinofuranosidase was isolated from the genomic library, cloned into pBR322, and subsequently transferred into the Escherichia coli HB101. The recombinant E. coli was selected from approximately 10,000 transformants screened by making use of its ability to produce a yellow pigment around the colony on the selective medium supplemented with p-nitrophenyl-$\alpha$-L-arabinofuranoside (pNPAf), a chromogenic substrate. The functional clone was found to harbor a recombinant plasmid, pKMG11 with an insertion of about 5 kb derived from the B. stearothermophilus chromosomal DNA. Identity of the arfI gene on the insert DNA was confirmed by a zymogram with 4-methylumbelliferyl-$\alpha$-L-arabinofuranoside as the enzyme substrate. The $\alpha$-arabinofuranosidase from the recombinant E. coli strain showed very high substrate specificity; the enzyme displayed high activity only with pNPAf among many other p- or $o$-nitrophenyl derivatives of several sugars, and acted only on arabinoxylan among various natural arabinose containing polysaccharides tested.
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbial. Bioeng. v.20 Molecular cloning and expression of Bacillus stearothermophilus β-D-xylosidase gene in Escherichia coli Oh,S.W.;S.S.Park;Y.I.Park;Y.J.Choi
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.21 Molecular cloning and expression of the acetyl xylan esterase gene of Bacillus stearothermophilus in Escherichia coli Kim,I.S.;S.G.Cho;Y.J.Choi
- Cold Spring Harbor Symp. Quant. Biol. v.43 Complete nucleotide sequence of the Escherichia coli plasmid pBR322 Sutcliffe,J.G.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.193 Protein measurement with Folin phenol reagent Lowry,O.H.;N.J.Rasebrough;A.L.Farr;R.J.Randall
- Carbohydr. Res. v.159 The degradation of isolated hemicelluloses and lignin-hemi-cellulose complexes by cell-free, rumen hemicellulases Brice,R.;I.M.Morrison
- Enzyme Microb. Technol. v.14 Enzymic hydrolysis of water-soluble lignin-carbohydrate complexes from Populus deltoides:Effects of combination of β-mannanase, xylanase, and acetyl xylan esterase Ross,N.W.;K.G.Johnson;C.Broun;C.R.MacKenzie;H.Schneider
- In the Chemistry of Wood The Hemicelluoses Schuerch,C.
- Enzyme Microb. Technol. v.9 α-Glucuronidase in two microbial xylanolytic systems Puls,J.;O.Schmidt;C.Granzow
- Molecular Cloning, A Laboratory Manual Maniatis,T.;E.F.Fritsch;J.Sambrook
- J. Am. Chem.Soc. v.76 The carbohydrates of GramineaeⅡ. The constitution of the hemicelluloses of wheat straw and corn cobs Ehrenthal,I.;R.Montgomery;F.Smith
- DNA Cloning v.1 Techniques for transformation of E. coli Hanahan,K.;D.M.Glover(ed.)
- Appl. Environ. Microbiol. v.53 Induction of cellulolytic and xylanolytic enzyme systems in Streptomyces spp. MacKenzie,C.R.;D.Bilous;H.Schneider;K.G.Johnson
- Recombinant DNA Techniques, An Introduction Rodriguez,R.L.;R.C.Tait
- Trends Biotechnol. v.3 Microbial xylanolytic systems Biely,P.
- Meth. Enzymol. v.69 Plasmids of Escherichia coli as cloning vectors Bolivar,F.;K.Backman
- Carbohydr. Res. v.148 Linkage of ρ-coumaroyl and feruloyl groups to cell wall polysaccharides of barley straw Muller-Harvey,I.;R.D.Hartley;P.J.Harris;E.H.Curzon
- FEBS Lett. v.186 Acetyl xylan esterases in fungal cellulolytic systems Biely,P.;J.Pulse;H.Schneider
- Nucl. Acids. Res. v.13 Nonradio-active hybridization probe prepared by the chemical labeling of DNA and RNA with a novel reagent, photobiotin Anthony,C.F.;L.M.James
- J. Chem. Soc. v.12 Constitution of Xylan from Esparto Grass Chanda,S.K.;E.L.Hirst;J.K.N.Jones;E.G.V.Percival
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbial. Bioeng. v.20 Molecular cloning and expression of an endo-xylanase from Bacillus stearothermophilus into Escherichia coli Cho,S.G.;S.S.Park;Y.I.Park;Y.J.Choi
- Anal. Chem. v.31 Use of dinitrosalicylic acid reagent for determination of reducing sugar Miller,G.L.
- Bio/technology v.4 Cooperativity of esterases and xylanases in the enzymatic degradation of acetyl xylan Biely,P.;C.R.MacKenzie;J.Puls;H.Schneider
- Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.23 Hydrolysis of steamed birchwood hemicellulose by enzymes produced by Trichoderma reesei and Aspergillus awamori Poutanen,K.;J.Puls;M.Linko
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.17 Production of xylanase by Bacillus stearothermophilus Song,H.S.;Y.J.Choi