- Volume 22 Issue 5
Optimization of Conditions for Extractive Ethanol Fermentation in an Aqueous Two Phase System
수성이상계 에탄올 추출발효 조건의 최적화에 관한 연구
- 김진한 (인천전문대학 환경공업과) ;
- 허병기 (인하대학교 공과대학 생물공학과) ;
- 목영일 (아주대학교 공과대학 화학공학과)
- Published : 1994.10.01
This study was undertaken with objective of optimizing the conditions of fermentation in an aqueous two-phase system which is composed of polyethylene glycol (PEG) 20000 and crude dextran (Dx). The data were obtained and analyzed using the Box-Wilson's experimental design protocol and the response surface methodology. To reach this end a multilinear polynomial regres- sion model was developed, which can be utilized for the purpose of optimizing the extractive fermentation. Optimum conditions for batch fermentation with aqueous two phase system were found to be at 4.2~5.4% PEG/3.2~4.2% Dx range. The composition of the center was 4.8% PEG/ 3.6% Dx. Optimum operating conditions for initial sugar concentration and fermentation time were approximately 160 g/l, and 21~22 hr, respectively. Fermentation in the aqueous two phase system composed of 5% PEG/4% Dx showed increase of 23% in ethanol concentration, of 9.5% in ethanol yield, and of 19% in ethanol productivity as compared to the case of fermentation of neat Jerusalem artichoke juice.
Optimization;fermentation conditions aqueous two phase System
- Process Biochem. v.17 Tangnu,S.K.
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. v.27 Tjerneld,F.;I.Persson;P.A.Albertsson;B.H.Hagerdal
- Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng. v.6 Kim,J.H.;B.K.Hur;Y.I.Mok
- Statistics for Experimenters Box,G.E.P.;W.G.Hunter;J.S.Hunter
- Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng. v.4 Hur,B.K.;J.S.Yu;J.W.Yang
- Adv. Biochem. Eng. v.20 Maiorella,B.L.;C.R.Wilke;H.W.Blanch
- Process Biochem. v.13 Kroner,K.H.;M.R.Kula
- Process Biochem. v.23 Marwaha,S.S.;J.F.Kennedy;V.K.Sehgal
- Partition of Cell Prticles and Macromolecules Albertsson,P.A.
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. Symp. v.12 Hagerdal,B.H.;M.Larsson;B.Mattiasson
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. v.22 Kuhn,I.
- Partitioning in Aqueous Two Phase Systems Walter,H.;D.E.Brooks;D.Fisher
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. v.26 Bowman,L.;E.Geiger
- Trends Biotechnol. v.1 Mattiasson,B.
- Biotechnol. Bioeng. v.27 Zertuche,L.;R.R.Zall
- Biotechnol. Appl. Biochem. v.10 Wan,Y.L.;H.Hustedt;M.R.Kula
- ChemTech. v.10 Hendrix,C.D.
- Ann. NY. Acad. Sci. Enzyme Eng. v.434 Larsson,M.;B.Mattiasson