- Volume 10 Issue 2
In this paper, we propose a comprehensive geometric correction algorithm of Along Track Scanning Radiometer(ATSR) images. The procedure consists of two cascaded modules; precorrection and fine co-location. The pre-correction algorithm is based on the navigation model which was derived in mathematical forms. This model was applied for correction raw(un-geolocated) ATSR images. The non-systematic geometric errors are also introduced as the limitation of the geometric correction by this analytical method. A fast and automatic algorithm is also presented in the paper for co-locating nadir and forward views of the ATSR images by using a binary cross-correlation matching technique. It removes small non-systematic errors which cannot be corrected by the analytic method. The proposed algorithm does not require any auxiliary informations, or a priori processing and avoiding the imperfect co-registratio problem observed with multiple channels. Coastlines in images are detected by a ragion segmentation and an automatic thresholding technique. The matching procedure is carried out with binaty coastline images (nadir and forward), and it gives comparable accuracy and faster processing than a patch based matching technique. This technique automatically reduces non-systematic errors between two views to .
- UK ERS-1 Reference Manual (DC-MA-EOS-ED-0001) Vass,P.;M.Handoll
- VeKNI Bericht zum 20 jahrigen Bestehen On the review of satellite imagery geometric correction Shin,D.
- IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing v.GE-23 no.6 A method for real-time navigation of AVHRR imagery Brush,R.J.H.
- International Journal of Remote Sensing v.9 no.9 The Navigation of AVHRR Imagery Brush,R.J.H.
- International Journal of Remote Sensing v.6 An image geometry model for METEOSAT Wolff,T.
- International Journal of Remote Sensing v.8 no.4 An operational method using ARGOS orbital elements for navigation of AVHRR imagery Brunel,P.;A.Marsouin
- International Journal of Remote Sensing v.14 Navigation of satellite measurements without ground control points Straka,J.;J.Klokocnik;H.Grabel
- International Journal of Remote Sensing v.4 no.2 Automatic relocation of ground control points in Landsat imagery Benny,A.H.
- International Journal of Remote Sensing v.7 no.1 Ground control pointing and geometric transformation of satellite imagery Davison,G.J.
- International Journal of Remote Sensing v.9 Geometric correction of remotely-sensed imagery using ground control points and orthogonal polynomials Leeuw,A.J.De;L.M.M.Veugen;H.T.C.Van Stokkom
- Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing v.58 Rectification of digital imagery Novac,K.
- International Journal of Remote Sensing v.10 no.4-5 Pixel and sub-pixel accuracy in geometrical correction of AVHRR imagery Cracknell,A.P.;K.Paithoonwattanakij
- International Journal of Remote Sensing v.13 Navigation of coastal AVHRR imagery O'Brien,D.M.;P.J.Turner
- Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing v.43 Geometric Evaluation of Skylab S-192 Conical Scanner Imagery Malhotra,R.C.
- Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing v.43 Digital Processing of Conical Scanner Data Murphery,S.W.;R.D.Depew;R.Bernstein
- ESA Journal v.14 Navigation of ERS-1 Along-Track Scanning Radiometer (ATSR) Images O'Brien,D.M.;A.J.Prata
- SADIST Products(Version 500) Bailey,P.
- Spacecraft Attitude Determination and Control Wertz,J.R.
- Digital Image Processing Gonzalez,R.C.;R.E.Woods
- Transfer thesis, Elec. Eng. Dept. Application of Machine Vision to Cloud Studies using Stereoscopic Satellite Images Shin,D.
- INT. J. Remote Sensing v.6 no.8 On the feasibility of cloud stereoscopy and wind determination with the Along-Track Scanning Radiometer Lorenz,D.
- IEEE Transactions on System, Man, and Cybertics v.SMC-9 A threshold selection method from grey-level histograms Otsu,N.
- S. Afr. Journal of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Cartography v.14 no.3 Adaptive Least Square Correlation:A Powerful Image Matching Technique Gruen,A.W.