- Volume 10 Issue 2
The study is aimed at the extraction of the groundwater potential areas utilizing the remotely sensed data from satellites. The results of the study are summarized as follows. Analyses of the existing operational wells for groundwater supply indicate that 81% of them are related with lineaments and 51% of them are located at the intersections of lineameters. Thus the features of lineaments are considered to be one of the most important parameters to extract a high potertial area of groundwater. Taking into acount features of lineament, high potential points were extracted from Landsat TM data based on the theory developed in this research, then verifications were made through actual drilling. The result of verification indicates that 9 points produces more 200 cubic meter/day which is the amount required from economical point of view for an operational use. Since the actual boring was not made on the recommended points for 4 points due to the difficulty of access to the exact points and of the approval for boring, they did not yield enough output. The result might have been improved if the exact points were bored and if the boring bad been made deeper, since the maximum depth of boring was limited to 62 meters.
- Synthetic stereo and Landsat pictures v.42 no.10 Batson,R.M.;Edwards,K.;Eliason,E.M.
- IEEE Trans. on Geo. & RS. v.GE-18 no.2 Threshold selection for line detection algorithms Gurney,C.
- Proc. Second International Conference on the New Basement Tectonics Stop12-Bald Eagle roadcut, in field guide to lineaments and fractures in central Pennsylvania Gold,D.P.;Krohn,D.M.
- Rem. Sen. Envir. v.7 A muti-attribute method for comparing geological lineament interpretation Hunting,J.F.;Raiche,A.P.
- Picture Processing and Pcychopictorics Lipkin,B.S.;Rosenfeld,A.
- Geol. Soc. Ame. Bull. v.87 Lineaments, linear, lineation:some proposed new standards for old terms O'Leary,D.W.;Friedman,J.D.;Pohn,H.A.
- Proc. Second International Conference on the New Basement Tectonics Application of fracture traces and lineaments to ground-water prospecting, in field guide to lineaments and fractures in central Pennsylvania Parizek,R.R.;Gold,D.P.(ed.);R.R.Parizek(ed.)
- IEEE Trans. Comput. v.C-20 Edge and curve detection for visual scene analysis Rosenfeld,A.;Thurston,M.
- Proc. of the 14th International Symposium on Space Technology and Science(ISTS), Tokyo, Japan An analysis of geologic structure based on Landsat MSS data Tsuchiya,K.;Tateishi,R.;Chi,K.
- IEEE Trans. on Geo & RS. v.GE-14 no.1 Line detection in satellite imagery Vanderbrug,G.
- ASPRS. ACSM. v.1 Automated road network extraction from Landsat TM imagery Wang,J.F.;Howarth,P.J.