- Volume 10 Issue 2
A Study on Comparison of Satellite-Tracked Drifter Temperature with Satellite-Derived Sea Surface Temperature of NOAA/NESDIS
- Park, Kyung-Ae (Department of Oceanography, Seoul National Univ.) ;
- Chung, Joug-Yul (Department of Oceanography, Seoul National Univ.) ;
- Kim, Kuh (Department of Oceanography, Seoul National Univ.) ;
- Choi, Byung-Ho (Department of Civil Engineering, Sung Kyun Kwan Univ.)
- Published : 1994.06.01
Sea surface temperatures (SSTs) estimated by using the operational SST derivation equations of NOAA/NESDIS were compared with satellite-tracked drifter temperatures. As a result of eliminating cloud-filled or contaminated pixels through several cloud tests, 69 matchup points between the drifter temperatures and the SSTs estimated with NOAA satellite 9, 10. 11 and 12 data from August, 1993 to July, 1994 were collected. Multi-channel sea surface temperature(MCSST) using a split window technique showed an approximately
- J. Geophy. Res. v.87 no.C12 Sea surface temperature estimation using the NOAA-6 satellite Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer Bernstein,R.L.
- J. Opt. Soc. Am. v.44 Measurements of the roughness of the sea surface from photographs of the sun's glitter Cox,C.S.;Munk,W.H.
- J. Geophy. Res. v.91 no.C2 An analysis of errors in sea surface temperature in a series of infrared images from NOAA-6 Kelly,K.A.;Davis,R.E.
- NOAA technical Memo NESS 107 Data extraction and calibration of TIROS-N/NOAA radiometers Lauritson(et al.)
- J. Geophy. Res. v.90 Comparative performance of AVHRR-based multichannel sea surface temperature McClain,E.P.;Pichel,W.G.;Walton,C.C.
- NOAA Polar Orbiter Data Users Guide NOAA/NESDIS;K.B.Kidwell(ed.)
- J. Geophy. Res. v.79 Estimation of sea surface temperature from remote sensing in the 11-13 ㎛ window region Prabakahara,C.;Dalu,G.;Kunde,V.G.
- Satellite Oceanography Robinson,I.S.
- Int. J. Remote Sensing v.7 An automated scheme for the removal of cloud contamination from AVHRR radiances over western Europe Saunders,R.W.
- Int. J. Remote Sensing v.9 An improved method for detecting clear sky and cloudy radiances from AVHRR data Saunders,R.W.;Kriebel,K.T.
- J. Geophy. Res. v.95 no.C8 An automated cloud screening algorithm for daytime Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer Imagery Simpson,J.J.;Humphery,C.
- J. Applied Meteor. v.27 Nonlinear multichannel algorithms for estimating sea surface temperature with AVHRR satellite data Walton,C.C.