- Volume 10 Issue 2
A SAR Signal Processing Algorithm using Wavenumber Domain
- Won, Joong-Sun (Marine Geology Laboratory, Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute) ;
- Yoo, Hong-Ryong (Marine Geology Laboratory, Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute) ;
- Moon, Wooil-M. (Department of Geological Science, University of Manitoba)
- Published : 1994.06.01
Since Seasat SAR mission in 1978, SAR has become one of the most important surface imaging tools in satellite remote sensing SAR achieves high resolution by signal processing synthesizing a larger aperture. Therefore, SAR signal processing along with antenna technology has been centered upon SAR technologies. Thus interpreters of SAR imagery as well as those who involved in signal processing require the knowledge of the principal SAR processing algorithm. Although the conventional range-Doppler approach has been widely adopted by many SAR processors, azimuth compression including the range migration has been problematic. The recent development of the wavenumber domain approace is able to provide high precision SAR focusing algorithm. Compared with the wavenumber domain algorithm derived by applying Born (first) approximation, the transfer function of the conventional range-Doppler algorithm accounts only for the first order approximation of the exact transfer function. The results of a simulation and an actual test using airborne C-band SAR configuration demonstrate the dxcellent performance of the wavenumber domain algorithm.
- Int. J. Remote Sensing v.6 no.7 Theory of digital imaging from orbital synthetic-aperture radar Barber,B.C.
- Proc. 13th Int'l Symp. Remote Sensing Environ Digital SAR image formation airborne and satellite results Bennett,J.R.;Cumming,I.G.
- IEEE Spectrum An introduction to Synthetic Aperture Radar Brown,W.M.;Porcello,L.J.
- Radar Signals:An Introduction to Theory and Application Cook,C.E.;Bernfeld,M.
- Introduction to Fourier Optics Goodman,J.W.
- IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing v.22 no.6 A SAR correlation algorithm which accommodates large-range migration Jin,M.Y.;Wu,C.
- IEEE J. Ocean Eng. v.5 The Seasat-A synthetic aperture radar system Jordan,R.L.
- IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electron. Syst. v.11 no.3 A discussion of digital processing in synthetic aperture radar Kirk,J.C.Jr.
- Synthetic Aperture Radar Kovaly,J.J.(ed.)
- Proc. IEEE v.79 no.6 The special section on spaceborne radars for Earth and planetary observations Li,F.K.;Raney,R.K.
- IBM J. Res. Develop. Digital technique for generating synthetic aperture radar images van de Lindt,W.J.
- IEEE Aerosp. Electron. Syst. Magazine CCRS C/X-band airborne synthetic aperture radar:An R and D tool for the ERS-1 time frame Livingstone,C.E.;Gray,A.L.;Hawkins,R.K.;Olsen,R.B.
- Panama, Modern Geol. v.1 Geologic evaluation of radar imagery from Darien Province MacDonald,H.C.
- Proc. IEEE Int. Radar Conf. A programmable digital processor for airborne radar Martinson,L.
- Imaging radar systems: Manual of Remote Sensing(2nd ed.) Moore,R.K.;R.N.Colwell(ed.)
- Proc. IGARSS '89 A phase preserving SAR processor Raney,R.K.;Vachon,P.W.
- Int'l J. Remote Sensing v.13 no.5 An exact wide field digital imaging algorithm Raney,R.K.
- Geophysical Prosepecting v.37 Synthetic aperture radar:A new application for wave equation techniques Rocca,F.;Cafforio,C.;Prati,C.
- Proc. IGARSS '92 A novel high precision SAR focussing algorithm based on chirp scaling Runge,H.;Bamler,R.
- IRE Trans. Military Electron v.6 no.2 Some early developments in Synthetic Aperture Radar systems Sherwin,C.W.;Ruina,J.P.;Rawcliffe,D.
- Microwave Remote Sensing Active and Passive v.I Ulaby,F.T.;Moore,R.K.;Fung,A.K.
- Geophys. J. Int. v.108 Inversion of synthetic aperture radar for surface scattering Won,J.S.;Moon,W.M.
- Ph.D. Thesis (University of Manitoba) Inversion of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Data using Born Approximation and SAR Image Enhancement for Geological Application Won,J.S.
- Proc. AIAA Syst. Design Driver by Sensors, Paper 76-968 A digital system to produce imagery from SAR data Wu,C.
- IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electron. Syst. v.18 Modeling and a correlation algorithm for spaceborne SAR signals Wu,C.;Liu,K.Y.;Jin,M.