Mechanical properties, Biodegradability and Biocompatibility of Coronary Bypass Artery with PCL Layer and PLGA/Chitosan Mats Using Electrospinning
- Nguyen, Thi-Hiep (Department of Biomedical Engineering and Materials College of Medicine, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Min, Young-Ki (Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Yang, Hun-Mo (Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Song, Ho-Yeon (Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Lee, Byong-Taek (Department of Biomedical Engineering and Materials College of Medicine, Soonchunhyang University)
- Published : 2009.05.21
A coronary graft fabricated from PLGA poly (lactic-co-glycolic acid) and chitosan electros puns deposited on poly caprolactone (PCL) electro spun tube. Mechanical properties of tube were evaluated through extruder machine depending on thickness of vessel wall. Biocompatible properties were evaluated by SEM morphology, amount of cell counting and MTT assay method for depending on culture days (1, 3, 5 days). MTT assay, counting cell and SEM morphology showed that cells were fast growth and immigration after 5 days. Biodegradability was monitored through loss weigh method for incubator days.